St. Joseph’s Healthcare System Interview Questions in Paterson, NJ | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2016

2.5

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System (Paterson, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

I received a call from the coordinator from the RT Department asking to set up an interview. I applied online and 5 days later I got a call back. I went to the interview and interviewed with the manger for over an 1 hour. He let me know that if I was chosen for the job I would be contacted by HR and I would have to come in for a background check.

Radiation Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System (Paterson, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Three interviews (Supervisor, Radiation Oncologist, Oncology Director). The interview process was long and human resources was not quick to reply to emails or follow up with each interview. The person they recently hired for recruiting radiology and oncology lost my paperwork after already setting up an interview. Very disorganized and not a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• An elderly patient is being treated for a hip and they are unable to keep their arms above the head as simulated. What would you do?   1 Answer

Patient Access Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System (Paterson, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

someone called me to set up interview,
    i met with few woman in the department and then met with the HR manager.
    Everyone one was very nice and it was easy to get to, the interview was not stressful nor intimidating.
    Had to pay for my own parking but it was worth it when I got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your best skill?
      Why do you want to work at this hospital?
      what do you like to do
      Answer Question

WIC Nutritionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System (Paterson, NJ).

Interview

Met with the nutritionist supervisor once; questions were pretty basic, and she took me around the office to meet other staff. Also met with an HR representative for standard questions. No additional testing or evaluation was required. Both contacts were pretty friendly, and I didn't have to meet with anyone else in the process. I do remember having to wait awhile for things to move along--which often happens when applying for a hospital position.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System (Paterson, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

applied for the position through the website career services. Within a week a received a phone call from Hr calling me in for an interview. I first met with the nurse recruiter who asked me general questions about my education, precious work experience, and why I wanted to work they. Then I met with the nurse manager and nurse educator who explained to me more about the unit and asked me pretty much the same questions.

Windows Server Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System (Paterson, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

After a brief phone interview, they asked for a face to face. Very strange, as I had to walk around the corner when i got there to the I.T. building. Usually someone meets you when you go onsite. The hiring manager told me i was a good candidate and that someone would follow up with me. He then turned around and told the recruiter something entirely different. He stepped out of the interview due to an emergency and had to resolve an issue. Red flag to me, if you don't have enough staff available to handle issues, why would you schedule interviews?

Interview Questions

• They asked about experience with VMware, Citrix, and Exchange.   Answer Question

Cardiovascular Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System (Paterson, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Two step interview process with Administration and a Medical Partner. The first contact was a phone screening, followed up by a phone interview, an in person interview, and a second in person interview. Standard application, resume, background check, benefit selection process.

Interview Questions

• Can you fulfill the job obligations as we have outlined them?   1 Answer

ER SCRIBE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System (Paterson, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

You sit with one of the ER physicians and the Scribe Coordinator and you answer questions. It is not a group interview. They look over your resume and talk about what you have done and what you want to do in the future. They just look to see that you want to be there and that you meet the requirements to be a scribe.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System (Paterson, NJ).

Interview

Met with HR and had a shortened behavioral interview and had one panel interview with several IT Managers and staff as well as the CIO. The CIO left early due to another meeting which I guess in the end was a sign that I wasn't going to get this position.

I thought the interviews went well and was even told to contact my references to let them know that they may be contacted. Of course my references were never contacted which was embarrassing because they kept telling me that they never heard from the company.

PFS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System (Paterson, NJ) in August 2011.

Interview

I was referred by an employee within the organization. I received my first call from the Human Resource department to come in for an interview. Interview was fairly easy, mostly questions about my personality and who I was. I waited about a week after the human resource interview and received a call from the hiring manager. That interview was mostly scenario questions which had an average difficulty level. I then received a phone call from HR again with an offer four days later.