St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Faculty Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Faculty Member

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Faculty Member Interview Questions

Interviews at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Faculty Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The interview process followed a typical pattern for other faculty positions I have applied for (initial application --> phone interview --> on-site interview). The notable exception to this was that the on-site interview consisted of two different visits for two days each. This was more thorough than other institutions and afforded the time to meet with not just everyone in the department of the open position, but also faculty members in other departments. St. Jude places an emphasis on collaborative research, so this added interaction outside of the department is valuable in establishing relationships prior to starting a faculty appointment as well as getting a better handle on institutional culture. During the first on-site interview I gave a standard 'job talk' on my current research and followed it up on the second on-site interview with a 'chalk talk' focused on my proposed research at St. Jude. While the latter talk was an intimidating process, I didn't encounter any hostile questions or personalities, and I found that the faculty in attendance were genuinely interested in the proposed research and learning more about the material. In the end it was about 4-5 months from when I submitted my application to when I completed my final on-site interview and was extended an official offer.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were standard interview questions focused on understanding your personality and fit or getting a better idea on what your research is/will be moving forward.   Answer Question

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Recruiter

So glad to see that you have joined St. Jude. We hope that you are enjoying your time here.

Other Interview Reviews for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Faculty Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in August 2018.

Interview

They hosted me for a 2-day whirl-wind interview with numerous faculty members across multiple departments with whom my research interests might connect. I gave a seminar that was well attended and was a very positive experience, the audience was engaged, supportive, and asked great questions at the end.

Interview Questions