St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

1. Featured Interview

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, but on the job board of a professional organization I belonged to. Not like CareerBuilder or indeed. I had a phone interview with HR, then with department staff, then in person. I received an offer and negotiated it up slightly and got money for relocation and a temporary place as well. Very friendly. HR was not that aware of the duties/position.

Interview Questions

• I had to perform a written exercise. They also wanted to get to know me and if I liked Memphis.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in December 2019.

Interview

Was an excellent and well organized interview process. Started with a phone interview and then a 3-day on site interview with many members of prospective departments including PIs, post-docs, staff scientists students, and technicians.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself after completing this post-doctoral fellowship?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied online, months later got an invite to complete a video interview, months later got a call to schedule onsite interview and campus visit, few days to interview received a schedule for the interview day . St Jude covered the entire cost of travel to Memphis. HR and entire staff i met during the process were very nice and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Why i want to work at St Jude and what attracted me to the position, questions on my background and work experience based on what i have on my CV.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

Interview

Had Skype interview and then they invited me on site. The entire trip was well organised. Had interviews/meetings with the PI and his collaborators within the Hospital. Also met with administration about benefits and immigration kind of things.

Interview Questions

• What is your research interest, and how does that fit into the research we do here?   Answer Question

Jul 9, 2019

Thank you for your review! Glad your visit went smoothly!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person interview. Formal environment.
    phone interview lasted for an hour. In-person is a whole day. Pretty much everyone in the team talked to me. They did not explain much about themselves., so you may not know if you are talking to a technical person or a non-technical person

Interview Questions

• Data structures, Object-oriented programming. Time management, process management   Answer Question

Aug 6, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience! That is great criticism; moving forward we will continue to remind those who schedule on-site interviews to include the names, titles, and posts of those who will be interviewing candidates.

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in March 2019.

Interview

the interview process was stressful, but very smooth. The HR department was very friendly and wanted to help me with the process. Also, a video interview was required in order to get selected. there were 9 questions, 20 seconds to prepare for the question and 3 minutes to answer. They gave 2 shots to answer, but you could not review the second choice. If you did not like the first choice, then the second was the one you sent, without review.

Field Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in March 2019.

Interview

I applied through my university careers page, then about 1 month later I got an email to schedule a call. 3 weeks later I had a second call, and the next week I was rejected. A week later, I was offered the original internship position because the first choice had said no.

Interview Questions

• Marketing experience, event planning, how do you stay organized, group dynamics, etc   Answer Question

Aug 6, 2019

Thank you for your review, but it might be that you applied for an internship with an affiliated organization. St. Jude does not offer field development positions, but our fundraising and awareness arm, which operates as a separate company, does.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview will take 2 days. For the first day, 1-hour presentation, you will meet all of the staffs from the department, and a one-on-one interview with 5 faculties.
    The second day, you will see the other 5 staffs from diverse departments.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my career goals, my research items, and about my previous careers.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process was an over the phone interview with their team directly asking me questions. There were about 4 people in the room and overall it was about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Greatest accomplishment in life so far?   Answer Question
    • When is a time you dealt with conflict and how did you handle it in a group setting?   Answer Question
    • What does a typical day look like for you?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest mistake and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in January 2019.

Interview

Recruiter scheduled the call after me applying online. I think it would have been helpful if she would have have told that Algorithms would be a part of interview. Besides Algorithms, Database was an important part of the process

Interview Questions

• How did you increased database capacity ?   Answer Question
    • Questions on Algorithms : which is the best Algorithm to sort a million numbers and find the median value   Answer Question
    • How do we improve sql joins for improving efficiency   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in December 2018.

Interview

Very smooth . Consisted of a phone interview and an onsite interview. St Jude made the process very easy and answered all of my questions even after the interview. They treat candidates well.

Interview Questions

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Response

Jul 9, 2019

Thank you for your review and we're glad to have you at St. Jude!