St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Interview

The questions were focused on my research. I also asked questions regarding the position to determine whether it is a good fit. Overall it was a positive experience to get to know the company and the position I was interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project from your research. And they asked questions as I went through my project.   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was very professional and asked good questions. The process had good flow. All the steps to follow (from beginning to end) were very clear. There was a sense of urgency.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process was a bit nerve racking only because it was a panel interview with behavioral based interview questions. Also, had a second interview that was very stressful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were unsuccessful in communicating information to other. A time when you were successful.   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

LONG! After getting the initial call that my resume was moving forward it took 2-3 weeks to hear back from them again, then after the day of the interview it took another 3-4 weeks to hear any feed back. I did not get offered the position. Then 2 weeks later after I applied for another patient rep i get a call that i had been chosen again, but they had to leave a voicemail. I returned the call, no response. I emailed the guy who called me to see about it, no response. It was almost like he realized i already interviewed for the same position in a different deptartment and didn't mean to call. So now i'm sitting here wondering if it's even worth applyin to anything else if i've interviewed at one spot on campus. and it all hurts my heart because St Jude is a place i've always wanted to work because of the amazing things they do for the children. I understand if i'm not qualified but for these positions i know i am. I was also told i have "too much energy" for the position, which is odd.

Interview Questions

• If i like my job why do i want to leave it after 2-3 months?   1 Answer

Statistical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Interview

About 30 minutes phone interview, followed by a full day of on-site interview. One to one meeting with faculty members, biostatisicians, and HR specialists. No presentation required. People there are nice.

Internal Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

All told, my interview process took about three weeks—a much shorter time frame than the (rumored) months long process. The interviews themselves, which consisted of two phone interviews and a four-hour panel interview, felt more like conversations over coffee than anything. That isn't to say that the behavioral questions weren't challenging—I had to recall a good number of things to answer them well—but it seemed more like an opportunity to talk shop with knowing colleagues.

The reference and background checks are extensive, but what you would expect for a hospital and a highly competitive employer like St. Jude.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a presentation to a group of people. What tools did you use to create the presentation? What did you do to try to engage the audience?   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager really got to know me and wanted to make absolutely sure that me working here would not only benefit the company, but would also benefit me personally. The follow ups were so considerate.

Interview Questions

• One thing that really stuck out among other interviews I've ever had before was "Do you enjoy being in one place, doing the same task every day, or do you have drive to move onward and upward?"   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (New York, NY).

Interview

Had about a 30 minute phone interview and then was told I would hear back within 2 weeks to see if I made it to the next stage. Asked very basic interview questions.

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

The whole process was about one month. I applied on-line, then got a phone interview from leader senior biostatistician, asked me technical questions more then one hour. Then next week, I had an invitation to ask for on-site interview. The on-site interview was a whole day from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Meet with lots of people in Biostatistics, all were asked technical questions. Everyone is nice. Then two weeks later, I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions are like longitudinal study, survival analysis, your project, SAS code, etc...   Answer Question

Research Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard; they called me to let me know I was in the interview round and then flew me out to Memphis, TN. The actual interview itself was pretty standard, though I did meet a lot of people who I had the potential to be working with. While the interview did go pretty well I am sad to say that I didn't get the job. I'm still applying to other positions at St. Jude's since it's my dream job but we'll see. They really made the interview process amazing, other companies should learn from them,