St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 4 phases: 1.) phone interview with recruiter 2.) phone interview with hiring manager 3.) in person interview with hiring manager and the work team 4.) in person interview with area Executive Leader. During the initial phone interview with the recruiter the process was explained and said process was executed in a timely manner. Every person I came in contact with along the process was helpful, encouraging and professional. This interview process was a very positive experience!!!! I would recommend this company to friend!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were leading a project that you had major stakeholders that were not in support of the project...tell me how you handled it and the outcome   1 Answer

Apr 2, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review!

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Interview

It was very pleasant. There was the hiring manager and some other employees to get an understanding whether this is the best candidate. Some questions were easy and some made you think about it.

Interview Questions

• Can you adapt to this environment?   2 Answers

Oct 2, 2015 – Recruiter

Congratulations on accepting the offer to work for St. Jude! We are glad your interview went well and you had a good mix of questions.

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

LONG! After getting the initial call that my resume was moving forward it took 2-3 weeks to hear back from them again, then after the day of the interview it took another 3-4 weeks to hear any feed back. I did not get offered the position. Then 2 weeks later after I applied for another patient rep i get a call that i had been chosen again, but they had to leave a voicemail. I returned the call, no response. I emailed the guy who called me to see about it, no response. It was almost like he realized i already interviewed for the same position in a different deptartment and didn't mean to call. So now i'm sitting here wondering if it's even worth applyin to anything else if i've interviewed at one spot on campus. and it all hurts my heart because St Jude is a place i've always wanted to work because of the amazing things they do for the children. I understand if i'm not qualified but for these positions i know i am. I was also told i have "too much energy" for the position, which is odd.

Interview Questions

• If i like my job why do i want to leave it after 2-3 months?   1 Answer

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I think the interview process was very enjoyable. Everyone was so welcoming and they feed me a lot of good information about the job. I felt very relaxing during my interview thanks to Ms. Kin in HR contagious spirit.

Interview Questions

• How will do I work under stress?   1 Answer

Jan 4, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for reviewing your interview experience with St. Jude. Congratulations on accepting your offer! We hope you are enjoying your position so far.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

Several phone interviews, Skype interview, and in-person interview with team and direct supervisor, were conducted. In the end, senior management decided to go in a different direction with the role, which was a great disappointment, since I was the final candidate and very close to an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the largest fundraising event you personally organized and how much was raised?   Answer Question

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

1. Phone interview - A week from date of application.
    2. Onsite interview call - 3 weeks after phone interview.
    3. Onsite Interview - Day long interviews with Faculty in the department followed by a presentation and dinner.
    4. Job Offer - 3 weeks after onsite interview.
    5. Drug test - A week after offer.
    6. Relocation assistance - Sponsored trip to find housing.
    7. Final relocation and start of job - little over two months from initial application date.

Interview Questions

• Mostly research related questions and about the general research trends in the field.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straight forward. Their initial offer was quite close to my asking rate. Little negotiation helped to increase the bonus package.

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

While staying in Memphis for 3 days, there were two sets of interviewing schedule at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. The two-day schedules included a presentation, a serial meeting with two PIs, two Lab members, and core facility members, and a hospital tour. The interview was not stressful, but very informative, comfortable, and nice. After finishing the interview, I got an informal letter of my employment in a week.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in your research career?
      What do you want to study in this institution?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Interview

About 30 minutes phone interview, followed by a full day of on-site interview. One to one meeting with faculty members, biostatisicians, and HR specialists. No presentation required. People there are nice.

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

The whole process was about one month. I applied on-line, then got a phone interview from leader senior biostatistician, asked me technical questions more then one hour. Then next week, I had an invitation to ask for on-site interview. The on-site interview was a whole day from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Meet with lots of people in Biostatistics, all were asked technical questions. Everyone is nice. Then two weeks later, I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions are like longitudinal study, survival analysis, your project, SAS code, etc...   Answer Question

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied online, had a phone interview in about 2 weeks time. It wasn't difficult as long as you were able to articulate your answers. I was flown to an on-site interview 3 weeks after the phone screen. I met with 10-12 people. There were one to one, panel and lunch types of interview. Lunch meeting was informal though. It was a long day. Overall it was an ok experience.The department seems to have quite many foreigners.

Interview Questions

• Questions about your previous projects years ago. Make sure to be able to talk at least a little bit of it even though you might have forgotten.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

the interview process was very thorough yet laid back, appropriate questions about working with the given population. They explained the position carefully to me and gave me a chance to ask questions

Interview Questions

• why I want to work at SJ, what about the position sounds appealing and unappealing. they asked about relevant work experience as well.   1 Answer

May 7, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for reviewing your interview experience with St. Jude!