St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 155 of over 155 interviews

Recruiter8%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in Dec 2017

Interview

Applied via St. Jude's career website. Took perhaps several weeks to hear back but proceeded smoothly from there. Typical phone screen followed by a full day plus on-site meeting with faculty and staff. Second on-site visit was 1.5 days. All handled very professionally. About 2-2.5 months from initial interview to accepted offer.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked about management style, handling difficult situations, and vision.
    Answer Question

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Interview

All day experience. Met with several people throughout the entire department. Overall it was informative, but you need to be prepared with more questions than you would for an average interview because of the number of people you have to meet with. The experience is draining, but gives good insight into the department/company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Interview

Very smooth and easy process. I enjoyed my experience during the interview. Only one interview. Really nice staff their that helped with my interview. I would recommend researching the company before the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in Sep 2020

Interview

It took about 4 weeks to be interviewed. The first interview was done through a third party app where I answered basic behavioral questions and questions about my experience. The second interview I got to meet members of the team over an app called Webex (this was during the pandemic). During the second interview, they took the time to get to know me and my experiences, but did not ask your classic "interview" questions which was shocking. I felt at ease and had conversations with 5 people from different areas at St. Jude.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you be a good fit for St. Jude?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlett, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Bartlett, TN) in Apr 2020

Interview

Two interviews. The first was a 40-minute phone interview with the supervisor and the second was a video interview (due to COVID-19) with two of the coworkers. The first interview went really well. The supervisor was very nice. The second interview was harder because there was no way to prepare for it. They asked behavioral questions and wanted me to answer in a certain format, telling a situation, task, and result for each one. None of the questions really had anything to do with my work history. Most of them were situational and it was hard to answer if I had not been in those certain situations. I didn’t think I had aced the second interview although I thought I did pretty well considering I couldn’t really prepare to be asked those types of questions. After the second interview, I waited about a month and a half before finally getting a response from the recruiter that I had not been selected. I would just say that it would have been nicer to have known sooner.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time when you spoke in front of a large crowd.
  • How would you convince someone outside of your department such as IT to do something for you?

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Jan 2020

Interview

There are multiple rounds, you spend a day with them. You will talk to people in different teams or colleagues who you will interface with in future(if selected). Most of the rounds are based to check your fit in the organization and St. Jude's vales.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in Dec 2019

Interview

Was an excellent and well organized interview process. Started with a phone interview and then a 3-day on site interview with many members of prospective departments including PIs, post-docs, staff scientists students, and technicians.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself after completing this post-doctoral fellowship?

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in Jun 2019

Interview

Applied online, months later got an invite to complete a video interview, months later got a call to schedule onsite interview and campus visit, few days to interview received a schedule for the interview day . St Jude covered the entire cost of travel to Memphis. HR and entire staff i met during the process were very nice and accommodating.

Interview Questions
  • Why i want to work at St Jude and what attracted me to the position, questions on my background and work experience based on what i have on my CV.

Application

Interview

Had Skype interview and then they invited me on site. The entire trip was well organised. Had interviews/meetings with the PI and his collaborators within the Hospital. Also met with administration about benefits and immigration kind of things.

Interview Questions
  • What is your research interest, and how does that fit into the research we do here?

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person interview. Formal environment. phone interview lasted for an hour. In-person is a whole day. Pretty much everyone in the team talked to me. They did not explain much about themselves., so you may not know if you are talking to a technical person or a non-technical person

Interview Questions
  • Data structures, Object-oriented programming. Time management, process management

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in Mar 2019

Interview

the interview process was stressful, but very smooth. The HR department was very friendly and wanted to help me with the process. Also, a video interview was required in order to get selected. there were 9 questions, 20 seconds to prepare for the question and 3 minutes to answer. They gave 2 shots to answer, but you could not review the second choice. If you did not like the first choice, then the second was the one you sent, without review.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 155 Interviews