St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in June 2019.

Interview

Had Skype interview and then they invited me on site. The entire trip was well organised. Had interviews/meetings with the PI and his collaborators within the Hospital. Also met with administration about benefits and immigration kind of things.

Interview Questions

• What is your research interest, and how does that fit into the research we do here?   Answer Question

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Response

Jul 9, 2019

Thank you for your review! Glad your visit went smoothly!

Other Interview Reviews for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview will take 2 days. For the first day, 1-hour presentation, you will meet all of the staffs from the department, and a one-on-one interview with 5 faculties.
    The second day, you will see the other 5 staffs from diverse departments.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my career goals, my research items, and about my previous careers.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Interview

Academic Programs asked which faculty members I would consider working in, and after I gave them my preferences, they set-up the interview schedule. It's a one-day interview that began by giving a seminar that's open to the entire St. Jude community on my thesis research. The seminar is a standard 1 hour block with 45 minute talk and 15 minute question. Afterwards, there are 1-1 meetings with faculty members and members of their labs. Finally, there's an opportunity to give your lab preferences to Academic Programs and they will coordinate which faculty members similarly have preference.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, it's the same set of questions that I received during my thesis defense.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in February 2011.

Interview

I submitted the cv at December 2011 for applying the position, and got a interview at February 2012. My boss asked me for a presentation what I have done and communicated with other lab members. That is a fancy experience. After that, at early March, I got the offer.