St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Research Technologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Research Technologist Interview Questions

Interviews at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

2.8

Research Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in October 2013.

Interview

Once I submitted an online application, the process took about two months to find out whether I was selected for an interview or not. There are two telephone interviews and then an onsite interview. I have not fully completed the interview process so I can only comment on the first two interviews. The first interview is with the recruiter and and they asked basic behavioral questions as pertaining to the lab. She was very straightforward and professional. The second interview was with the lab manager and seemed more like a conversation than an interview. Overall I've had a great experience and can only hope that the Onsite interview flows as smoothly. Keep in mind that I have not completed the interview process, so I have filled out this review as no offer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you did something that benefited the whole group and you did it because you wanted to, not because you were assigned it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in May 2012.

Interview

This is only the first step of application, a conversation with the science recruiter, who asked you general questions, like availability, relocation, salary range, career goals, a little detail about your previous experience. some behaviour questions, like how you solve problems, why you switch majors, which job do you like better etc.

The recruiter also kept telling you A LOT OF information about the job responsibilities, it feels like they want to scare you away by saying weekend and midnight shifts sometimes...

for non-US citizen applicant, the good thing is, they do not really care about visa issues, they'd like to sponser, as long as you are qualified.

When I said I like research, she quickly pointed out, this "research technologist" is not like real research job...but more like assisting others, having the well-prepared recipes, nothing too much for you to explore. that's true. but it's wierd to hear , it may take 4-5 weeks to give you a status update, but if you're selected for an in-person interview, please reconsider, and think about if you do want the job.

btw, they mentioned, relocation assistance is offered, depending on the distance. the salary for this position is 35k-40k something. not high, but regular though.

Research Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in May 2017.

Interview

A single phone interview with HR, then a single phone interview with the hiring managers. The hiring managers told me about the position and asked if I'd be comfortable completing the tasks required.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous research experience   1 Answer

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Response

May 7, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for reviewing your interview experience with St. Jude and congratulations on accepting your job offer!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard; they called me to let me know I was in the interview round and then flew me out to Memphis, TN. The actual interview itself was pretty standard, though I did meet a lot of people who I had the potential to be working with. While the interview did go pretty well I am sad to say that I didn't get the job. I'm still applying to other positions at St. Jude's since it's my dream job but we'll see. They really made the interview process amazing, other companies should learn from them,

Research Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online for over a year before I ever got a call. Online application is very easy but not always updated quickly. I got an email and some calls from different people to do a phone interview then set up an in person interview. The in person interview was very short. Everyone was very nice. Then I got a couple more phone calls. An unofficial offer made over the phone. Then an official offer via email. A background check and drug test were arranged. Then orientation is your first day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They arranged the offer to meet my experience according to their requirements. So no negotiations were made.

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Response

Sep 22, 2016 – Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to review your interview and offer process with St. Jude. We hope you enjoy your work with us. Welcome to the team!