St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Software Engineer

Create your profile to get personalized information

Interviews at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

1 Interview Review

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. Had an informal phone interview with the manager and a staff member. The manager introduced the department and the group, asked about my experience followed with some behavior questions. I was asked to prepare an one-hour formal presentation of my research. The on-site interview process took two days with the first day flight to Memphis and had a dinner with my manager. The second day begins with a meeting with an immigration staff. A one-hour presentation with about 20 audiences followed with consecutive meetings with 10-20 people (software engineers, group leads and research scientists) in the department individually or in small groups.

The whole interview process is more like a faculty interview in a university. However, there are technical interviews with software engineers, database analysts. Overall, my interview experience is very positive and all the people I met are very kind and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Many research related questions were asked in the presentation. Explain what is a view? Some questions related to distributed systems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Good salary and relatively low expense in Memphis. Fortune magazine’s "100 Best Companies to Work For" No. 35.