St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Staff Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Staff Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

While staying in Memphis for 3 days, there were two sets of interviewing schedule at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. The two-day schedules included a presentation, a serial meeting with two PIs, two Lab members, and core facility members, and a hospital tour. The interview was not stressful, but very informative, comfortable, and nice. After finishing the interview, I got an informal letter of my employment in a week.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in your research career?
    What do you want to study in this institution?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

1. Phone interview - A week from date of application.
    2. Onsite interview call - 3 weeks after phone interview.
    3. Onsite Interview - Day long interviews with Faculty in the department followed by a presentation and dinner.
    4. Job Offer - 3 weeks after onsite interview.
    5. Drug test - A week after offer.
    6. Relocation assistance - Sponsored trip to find housing.
    7. Final relocation and start of job - little over two months from initial application date.

Interview Questions

• Mostly research related questions and about the general research trends in the field.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straight forward. Their initial offer was quite close to my asking rate. Little negotiation helped to increase the bonus package.

Staff Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by hiring manager. Had a phone interview, which consisted of behavioral + technical questions. On-site interview consisted of presentation and 1:1 interviews with lab members and other PIs.

Interview Questions

• Explain (in my work) why I did such and such as against this other method?   Answer Question