St. Jude Medical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

St. Jude Medical Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for a Co-op position that was based in Los Angeles, CA. A 30-minute phone interview with 2 hiring managers was scheduled which mainly comprised a walk-through of the resume and related skill sets. Few basic questions were asked depending on my area of concentration. According to my interview experience, they tried to match my skills with the various Co-op positions I could fit in and wanted to see potential to learn in areas that didn't really meet their requirements.

Technical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (San Luis Obispo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The First interview was in person with a recruiter on campus. The Second interview was via web chat with a long time employee. This was followed by on site shadowing at a hospital.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with people during (one of your experiences)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical.

Interview

I had one phone interview. We discussed my resume and my skills that were necessary for the job. Previous projects related to the job were brought up. It was a pleasant experience. The overall experience was amazing.

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter. There was one interview and I was offered the position a week later. This process was very quick and the interview was pretty easy when compared to others.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you about the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was done by the recruiter and I was able to get within the salary range I originally requested.

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Spoke with the Hiring Manager over the phone. I received an email 2 weeks later for an in person interview with the hiring manager, team, and 2 other higher ups. I was told that I will get a response in 2 weeks, I didn't receive a response until 5 weeks later. And this was a generic electronic email saying that they moved on with other candidates. I clearly saw that they put the post back on the site before I received this email. They shouldn't string people along like this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Give examples of a time when...? They asked about leadership skills, working in a team. Pretty general questions.   Answer Question

Human Resource Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter for a brief phone screening. She said she would pass my information on to the hiring manager. The next week she followed up with me early in the week and said it was still under review and they should be in contact by the end of the week. They sent an email with optional interview times and asked that I send that back, and by Friday I had scheduled the interview for the following Monday. The interview was set up as three thirty minute interviews with three levels of employees moving up the rank and file.

Associate Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Pleasanton, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process was long and confusing. Not a lot of transparency regarding application status making it hard to find out what was going on at any point of time. Interviewers were not very knowledgeable about the job description and were unable to field many important questions.

Interview Questions

• How many windows are in New york city? Describe how you would come to this conclusion.   Answer Question

EP/TSS Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

St. Jude Medical held an information session at my school and basically chose the people they were going to interview that night. I received notice at around midnight that I would be interviewing the following day. The first interview was a behavioral interview with 3 people. Standard behavioral interview with a lot of emphasis on why you want the job. They asked me what other types of positions I was interviewing for and which one was my first choice. I had previously interviewed for their Quality Rotational Program, so I was honest about that but apparently that wasn't what they wanted to hear and made them question my desire for this position. I did not get a second round interview, but, from what I hear, the second round consists of observing a surgery at a local hospital and writing an essay on what you learned. My guess is that your personality and interaction with not just the St. Jude people but also the physician and the hospital staff is the final determinant. I did not get the intern program, but I was hired separately as a direct hire for the same position. These are my tips:
    1) The company spends a large amount of money training employees in this position and therefore wants to make sure you will not leave the company in the middle of the process. Make sure you express why and how much you want this job.
    2) The position requires very fast learning and initiative on your part, so make sure you demonstrate that you are a fast learner and capable of picking things up very quickly.
    3) In this position, you would be in direct contact with the physicians and the hospital staff, and your relationship with them directly determines and affects the success of the company. Make sure you demonstrate your great communication skills, people skills, and ability to sell yourself.

If you get an offer, make sure this position is truly what you want to do. If you accept the offer and start working but realize it is not what you want to do, you will have to pay a LOT of money to get out of the program.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Canada, MN

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Little Canada, MN).

Interview

I applied and was contacted by the recruiter. Interview went well and was invited for 2nd interview which i believe was fine as well. After second interview i was told that i would be contacted by my recruiter..... waited a week and emailed recruiter... she didnt respond. Waited another few days and called her. She picked up and said that she hadnt heard anything yet, but was going to contact me by the end of the day via email. It has been 3 days and i emailed her, but no response. Is this the way you treat people? I would've appreciated it if i was told that i wasnt fit for the position but not hearing from them at all is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• what do you feel you would be able to bring to the group.   Answer Question

Group Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Irvine, CA).

Interview

6 person pannel interview
    2 supervisor
    1 QA
    1 ME
    1 HR
    1 Manager
    1 Director interview after you passed the first six
    It will take roughly 7 hours to complete the interview process
    Know what you have in your resume
    Interviewer will dig deep in your experience

Interview Questions

• Leadership style and skills
      Lean manufacturing