St. Jude Medical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Canada, MN

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Little Canada, MN).

Interview

I applied and was contacted by the recruiter. Interview went well and was invited for 2nd interview which i believe was fine as well. After second interview i was told that i would be contacted by my recruiter..... waited a week and emailed recruiter... she didnt respond. Waited another few days and called her. She picked up and said that she hadnt heard anything yet, but was going to contact me by the end of the day via email. It has been 3 days and i emailed her, but no response. Is this the way you treat people? I would've appreciated it if i was told that i wasnt fit for the position but not hearing from them at all is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• what do you feel you would be able to bring to the group.   Answer Question

Group Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Irvine, CA).

Interview

6 person pannel interview
    2 supervisor
    1 QA
    1 ME
    1 HR
    1 Manager
    1 Director interview after you passed the first six
    It will take roughly 7 hours to complete the interview process
    Know what you have in your resume
    Interviewer will dig deep in your experience

Interview Questions

• Leadership style and skills
      Lean manufacturing
      Weakness
      Strength
      Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

I was not looking for a job since I am very happy where I am. They contacted me through a recruiter that saw my resume on LinkedIn or elsewhere. They decided to go ahead and interview me after preliminary conversation with the recruiting company. The process from the beginning was messy and communication with the company was very spotty. They required me to fill an application on their convoluted and disorganized website. The information given to log in into their applicant site was not clear; instructions thru emails they supposedly sent to walk me through the process never arrived. The recruiter had to step in to smooth the process and give me the information needed. I interviewed with 3 managers. The first person I talked to, had me on speakerphone all the time I barely could understand anything he said, the other two went smoothly and I think I aced them. They scheduled a second, in person interview. They sent the invitation on a Thursday and I replied next Monday confirming the day and time. The next day (Tuesday) they called from MN, cancelling the interview, saying that they had to reschedule because one of the managers was traveling. I said, OK fine, no problem. The next day I received an email from the company saying that I was no longer a candidate and wishing me luck. Very professional (wink wink) how they handled that. Not that it matters or anything, like I said, I am happy where I am. But that tells me a lot of what kind of a nightmarish place to work this company seems to be. Plus reading reviews (complaints) of the work life balance culture in this place, convinced me that not getting in was for the best. Not interested, thanks.

Interview Questions

• Went point by point on my resume skills and brief explanation of each point.   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Sylmar, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Got connected to one of the senior engineers through someone in my network. Initially had a brief phone interview, which went well and I was invited out to the Sylmar office for an on-site interview. This consisted of meeting with most members of the MRI team (making sure protocols for MRI environment are safe for pacemakers and ICDs). Most questions were pretty standard, one of the interviews was talking through all details of my master's project.

All of the engineers I talked to were very nice, and it seemed like a very new field which was exciting.

Interview Questions

• Describe the concept of electrical impedance to someone without a science background.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical in June 2016.

Interview

Standard HR interview. Never received any feedback for the next stages until I got an email 7 weeks later saying they were looking for someone else. Waste of time, would recommend they do HR+plus manager interviews instead of just HR interviews.

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first and the set up an on-site interview. Five managers interviewed me, it took 3 hours. Some of them is very nice, but someone's questions were a little bit difficult. The whole process was very nice.

Interview Questions

• your weakness and strength   1 Answer

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Minnetonka, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

Overall it was a great experience. I felt it was relaxed enough that both myself and the employer were able to get an accurate idea of what working together would be like. In all it took a very long time due to internal review and changes made to the position. However, they were great about keeping me informed along the way. This was the best interview and hiring process I have experienced so far! Very professional and organized.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle situations where you have conflicting direction from leadership?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with developing and implementing process change?   Answer Question
    • What is your experiencing with measuring performance metrics and forecasting.   Answer Question

LMS Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

You will meet with four different members of the team. The initial meeting will be your direct supervisor. Then the next three also work with or on your team.

Interview Questions

• What type of management do you prefer?
      How are you with working remotely?
      Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Sylmar, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HM followed by all day on site interview and a team presentation on topic of interest. The interview experience was good and the team was really nice and patient.

Technical Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical in April 2016.

Interview

The process was standard for this industry. Only met with one person, would have liked to meet with more. Some technical questions asked during process. This process takes a lot longer than I anticipated, a few months. Would reccomend meeting members of the team if possible.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in _____ situation in operating room?   Answer Question