St. Jude Medical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.8

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Plymouth, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

The process was mostly smooth. It started with a phone interview followed by an invitation for an onsite interview . The onsite interview was 2 hours long with three different people. The first two were senior engineers and the third was a senior manager. They were all very nice and easy to talk to. Overall I felt that the interview went well. Following the interview it took about three weeks before I heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• What are you greatest weaknesses and strengths?
      Why St Judes Medical?
      Name a time when you disagreed with your manager.   Answer Question

External Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

Through my staffing agency I was brought to meet the manager of the lab before a formal interview took place. This was the first stage, and my chance to ask questions about the job and to give the manager more information about me. He asked me general questions about my resume and answered my questions. Work is very team based, so the manager was focused on vetting my personality first to see if I'd be a good fit.

Next I met the manager again at the lab, and sat down to a pretty informal panel interview of 3 other scientists. They asked me questions about my resume and what I liked to do on weekends and what other kind of work experience I had. I could tell they wanted more details of the kind of work I could do and what I was capable of. I answered everything honestly with as much detail as I could, and was very friendly and amicable. I also was able to ask them questions too about themselves and their work experience. They also were focused on vetting my personality because I would be working directly with them and they need a team player.

Afterwards I got a tour of the lab and got to meet some other people working there. Overall it was one of the easiest and calmest interview experiences I've ever had.

I got an offer soon after. I had to pass a criminal background check and a urine drug test set by my staffing company before I was allowed to start work.

Interview Questions

• What kind of environment do you want to work in?/Do you do better working alone or with others?   1 Answer
    • What was a time where you and a partner didn't get along, and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical in March 2016.

Interview

They had a typical phone screen to begin with. Just regular what is your notice, what do you know about the job, salary expectations, and the like. They then have technical interview where they start out with a basic problem then and wrinkles to the problem. They then ask more general questions like definitions.

Interview Questions

• What is galvanizing and when could it be used to help improve a product?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Hiring process was breezy. Filled out an online application, recruiter contacted me within 2 weeks. Had a phone interview with hiring manager and was called next day for on-site interview scheduling. Had on-site interview a week later and was hired the following day. Interview was standard panel with some tough questions, but nothing to difficult if you prepare properly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us more about your clinical background and why you believe you would be a good fit for St. Jude Medical.   Answer Question

Regulatory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Sylmar, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

My interview with St Jude Medical was the worst interview I have ever had! I would never work for such a mismanaged company. It all started at the unmanned main lobby, I had to track down a security guard for assistance since the recruiter never showed up then track down the four people for my interview.

The first one finally showed up 20 minutes late, she was rude with no personality, short with me then left abruptly! All the employees I met really hate being there even on a Friday afternoon, all the glassdoor.com negative reviews prove it with some of the worst reviews.

Finally the last interviewer I had was real arrogant guy barely understandable with an attitude asking only situation type questions playing “Where’s Waldo“ type games. He was real awkward and hesitant to work with someone with my experience fearing I will stand up to him.

He told me at the end, the position needs to be filled now, I said no thanks. It's no wonder they keep re-posting for the same position, (something to consider).

Field Clinical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (College Station, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I'm am a 4th year biomedical engineering student and they came to our campus to recruit for their cardiovascular field intern position. They talked to you at the meeting then grabbed your resume. If you got picked, you'd get an interview the next day or so.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very straight forward. She went through your entire resume and asked how you ended up there (for example, why did you choose BMEN at Texas A&M University... I see you played golf for 10 years, tell me about that... etc) She also asked about any OR experience you've had.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was mainly composed of behavioral questions and specific situations. Not very many technical questions involved. I first completed a phone interview which went very well and then a Skype interview with the hiring manager. Technical difficulties made conversation a bit complicated but overall it was a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to take a leadership position.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone first. Then interview with hiring manager. Then interview with Vice President of Sales. Obtained verbal offer but it was several weeks until I obtained a written offer.

Quality Engineering Rotational Program QERP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter at the engineering fair and had an on-campus interview the following day. The interview lasted 30 minutes. There were two interviewers, both with a technical background.

The QERP program only takes 3 people per year and they were looking at students from several different universities, so about 3-4 weeks later I followed-up and found out I would not be moving forward in the process.

Interview Questions

• -What does quality mean to you?
      -Identify / discuss one of your weaknesses
      -Asked me to expand upon some of my specific previous experiences
      -Why medical device / St. Jude? Why a rotational program?   Answer Question

Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Plymouth, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Staffing agency recruiter first interviwed me and sent my resume to hiring manager.Staffing recruiter asked for my two references and then emailed them to ask about me.Hiring manager and the Principal engineer then interviewed me.After I was selected they did the background screening and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Overall experience was good.They asked for exprience in medical device industry.Asked about some engineering project. Also, asked more about the application of statistical methods in manufacturing.The interview was aproximately 1 hour long.   2 Answers