St. Jude Medical Interview Questions in Minnesota | Glassdoor

2.8

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Spoke with the Hiring Manager over the phone. I received an email 2 weeks later for an in person interview with the hiring manager, team, and 2 other higher ups. I was told that I will get a response in 2 weeks, I didn't receive a response until 5 weeks later. And this was a generic electronic email saying that they moved on with other candidates. I clearly saw that they put the post back on the site before I received this email. They shouldn't string people along like this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Give examples of a time when...? They asked about leadership skills, working in a team. Pretty general questions.   Answer Question

Human Resource Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter for a brief phone screening. She said she would pass my information on to the hiring manager. The next week she followed up with me early in the week and said it was still under review and they should be in contact by the end of the week. They sent an email with optional interview times and asked that I send that back, and by Friday I had scheduled the interview for the following Monday. The interview was set up as three thirty minute interviews with three levels of employees moving up the rank and file.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Canada, MN

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Little Canada, MN).

Interview

I applied and was contacted by the recruiter. Interview went well and was invited for 2nd interview which i believe was fine as well. After second interview i was told that i would be contacted by my recruiter..... waited a week and emailed recruiter... she didnt respond. Waited another few days and called her. She picked up and said that she hadnt heard anything yet, but was going to contact me by the end of the day via email. It has been 3 days and i emailed her, but no response. Is this the way you treat people? I would've appreciated it if i was told that i wasnt fit for the position but not hearing from them at all is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• what do you feel you would be able to bring to the group.   Answer Question

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Minnetonka, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

Overall it was a great experience. I felt it was relaxed enough that both myself and the employer were able to get an accurate idea of what working together would be like. In all it took a very long time due to internal review and changes made to the position. However, they were great about keeping me informed along the way. This was the best interview and hiring process I have experienced so far! Very professional and organized.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle situations where you have conflicting direction from leadership?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with developing and implementing process change?   Answer Question
    • What is your experiencing with measuring performance metrics and forecasting.   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Plymouth, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

The process was mostly smooth. It started with a phone interview followed by an invitation for an onsite interview . The onsite interview was 2 hours long with three different people. The first two were senior engineers and the third was a senior manager. They were all very nice and easy to talk to. Overall I felt that the interview went well. Following the interview it took about three weeks before I heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• What are you greatest weaknesses and strengths?
      Why St Judes Medical?
      Name a time when you disagreed with your manager.   Answer Question

External Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

Through my staffing agency I was brought to meet the manager of the lab before a formal interview took place. This was the first stage, and my chance to ask questions about the job and to give the manager more information about me. He asked me general questions about my resume and answered my questions. Work is very team based, so the manager was focused on vetting my personality first to see if I'd be a good fit.

Next I met the manager again at the lab, and sat down to a pretty informal panel interview of 3 other scientists. They asked me questions about my resume and what I liked to do on weekends and what other kind of work experience I had. I could tell they wanted more details of the kind of work I could do and what I was capable of. I answered everything honestly with as much detail as I could, and was very friendly and amicable. I also was able to ask them questions too about themselves and their work experience. They also were focused on vetting my personality because I would be working directly with them and they need a team player.

Afterwards I got a tour of the lab and got to meet some other people working there. Overall it was one of the easiest and calmest interview experiences I've ever had.

I got an offer soon after. I had to pass a criminal background check and a urine drug test set by my staffing company before I was allowed to start work.

Interview Questions

• What kind of environment do you want to work in?/Do you do better working alone or with others?   1 Answer
    • What was a time where you and a partner didn't get along, and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Hiring process was breezy. Filled out an online application, recruiter contacted me within 2 weeks. Had a phone interview with hiring manager and was called next day for on-site interview scheduling. Had on-site interview a week later and was hired the following day. Interview was standard panel with some tough questions, but nothing to difficult if you prepare properly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us more about your clinical background and why you believe you would be a good fit for St. Jude Medical.   Answer Question

Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Plymouth, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Staffing agency recruiter first interviwed me and sent my resume to hiring manager.Staffing recruiter asked for my two references and then emailed them to ask about me.Hiring manager and the Principal engineer then interviewed me.After I was selected they did the background screening and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Overall experience was good.They asked for exprience in medical device industry.Asked about some engineering project. Also, asked more about the application of statistical methods in manufacturing.The interview was aproximately 1 hour long.   2 Answers

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

They asked about my experience and school activities. They also asked me about some of my achievements and programming language that I know. No technical interview is given to me

Interview Questions

• They asked about one of the obstacle that I have faced during my past job experience   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with St. Jude's technical recruiter. The recruiter specifically stated that I should be moved forward to face-to-face interviews. I followed up with the recruiter a couple weeks later. They indicated the process was still moving forward and that they would check with the hiring manager. That was 6 or 7 weeks ago and I have not heard a word from them.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions around previous experience, what I was looking for.   1 Answer