St. Julien Hotel & Spa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

St. Julien Hotel & Spa Interview Questions

2.7

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Julien Hotel & Spa (Boulder, CO) in February 2011.

Interview

The manager was really kind and informal. We spent a long time talking about my past experiences and she asked me several scenario-related questions. I felt at ease but it was also professional. She was a great interviewer.

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Julien Hotel & Spa (Boulder, CO).

Interview

The first interview was conducted over the phone. The next was scheduled with the head of the department. Next came and Interview with the General Manager of the hotel. Then, the head of Human Resources. Within two days they offered me the position, I gladly accepted. My hiring manager indicated that there would be a drug screening and a background check.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. Julien Hotel & Spa (Boulder, CO) in February 2018.

Interview

3 interviews and no follow up for time and position. There seems to be dysfunction and no clear information on the position discussed and very low pay. Long process and no professional courtesy as to deciding on offer or not. Very unprofessional.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. Julien Hotel & Spa (Boulder, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Online application initially and then two in person interviews, one with manager and one with human resources as a formality. Given offer pretty quick, but drug and background check take a few weeks. Was a month long process in total for a serving job, normally only a few days to work at a restaurant.

Interview Questions

• standard questions of experience and basic personality traits and strengths   Answer Question

Jill's Restaurant Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at St. Julien Hotel & Spa (Boulder, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

Employee Referral: Buddy told me to dress up in a suit and go in during non-busy time to talk to manager. First time I came in they were too busy. Second time I came in the manager was in a meeting, but I waited for ten minutes and he got out. Manager was old-school, French--you could tell he had seen a lot in the restaurant business. Very casual conversation, he basically made me feel like I already had a job. He told me to apply online and the next day I was called in to talk to the asst. general manager. Nice lady! Once again, very casual. Someone from HR called me to offer the job.

Interview Questions

• Very casual. Jobs were mainly about availability. In a place like this professionalism and manners go a long way.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told I would start at $8 an hour. Extremely good considering I would be working as a busser and receiving tips. The manager told me I would increase to $9 eventually.

Bell/Valet Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at St. Julien Hotel & Spa (Boulder, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

They ask you all the questions like have you worked in the hotel or service industry before and why you want to work in the hotel industry and if you are comfortable ending a conversation with one guest while another is requiring assistance.. oh ya and can you drive stick shift?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation