St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network Interview Questions

2.6

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network in February 2017.

Interview

It was relaxed HR was friendly. Overall a good experience. After I met with HR I met with the nurse manager who was also very nice. They asked the common interview questions.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond for a patient.   Answer Question

RN Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network.

Interview

Met with Director of program as well as clinical coordinator. I was already an employee as a CNA, so maybe my interview process went a little bit smoother.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network.

Interview

The process is like any other hospital job. You come into HR, and interview with an HR Representive. Afterwards, you interview with the manager of the unit you're applying for. They get back to you in about 2 weeks after reaching out to your references. Then when you're offered the position it's you're usual drug tests and paperwork.

Scheduling Hospice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network (Bethlehem, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was comfortable and easy they made you feel comfortable the interview was about and hour long, The were professional. They explained the job and what it all intailed. They waited about two weeks to say I got the job. Make sure you have your references so they can hire you quicker

Interview Questions

• How do I handle stress? How many years have you been in the field? What is your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network (Bethlehem, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

When I was called in they asked me to interview the next day after answering some prescreening questions. The interview it self was going great, I was first interviewed by the HR department and then they asked if I would mind being interviewed by a board of directors, that same day. During the interview with the board of directors, it was going great, until a woman abruptly came in, sat right next to me (very closely) and started firing questions at me. It was nerve racking and very unproffessional. At that point after answering questions as fast as I could for her, two directors stopped her midquestion asked her why she was being so strong. The woman than got up looked at me and said she did not want a young person and walked out. The board appologized to me and said that she is tough, however, I ended up explaining to them that that work environment is not going to be a suitable fit for me and I left. They called me two days later to ask if I wanted to come back in for another interview and I declined.

Interview Questions

• What is going to be the biggest issue for the future with healthcare?   Answer Question

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network.

Interview

Positive experience. Meet with HR first and then meet with managers of the specific dept. you are interviewing for. Everyone was extremely friendly and made the experience comfortable. Overall, it was good interview experience.

Telephone Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network (Bethlehem, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Long, took two months before I was interview. Very slow process. Very non personal. Not enough questions on who I am . What I like. How were my other Jobs as Far as what i took from them, as tools to guide me to other jobs I was hired for , I think. When interviewing a potential candidate get to know a little about them. Before you ask the long list of questions about experience and why you left your job to seek the one your appling for , it's make you feel at ease and comfortable when being interviewed . Makes you feel human not robotic. This my opinion .

Interview Questions

• Are you good with changes, things here change day by day, that told me it's not properly managed .   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network (Easton, PA).

Interview

One on one with HR manager then one on one with nurse manager and charge nurse. Very nice people overall, very quick in and out. Usually once you interview the job is yours, they go off your credentials and background checks, interview is used to see your people skills and make sure you're not a complete slob.

Interview Questions

• Why St. Luke's and not a neighboring hospital like Easton Hospital or Lehigh Valley   Answer Question

Pay was significantly under market average granted my years of experience. I was being mad an offer that a person off the street with no experience would get. Offers are 100% non-negotiable, take it or leave it attitude, I left it.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network.

Interview

It takes anywhere from weeks to months after your apply initially to get called back by Human Resources. If you need a job immediately do not apply here as your primary job because you won't get a call back for months. The application process itself is pretty standard and comparable to what other employers of similar statute require.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position as opposed to the other positions you applied for? What is your biggest weakness and how may it limit your ability to complete the tasks required of this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No wiggle room with this employer AT ALL. Either you take what they offer or you leave and they move on to the next. They are known for hiring nurses right out of school with no experience who will take whatever position they find at base pay just so they can gather as many able bodies without paying higher experienced RN rates.

Application

Interview

Applied for numerous positions for several weeks. Finally heard from HR a few days ago for an interview. The interview went very well and the process after hiring went very smoothly.