St. Mary's Medical Center (West Virginia) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

St. Mary's Medical Center (West Virginia) Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at St. Mary's Medical Center (West Virginia)

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at St. Mary's Medical Center (West Virginia) (Huntington, WV) in April 2016.

Interview

interviewed by the office manager and the department manager. Questions were pretty basic, they did not show much emotion during interview, that was a little unnerving. I was given a tour of the facility and introduced to the other staff in the office. I was told about the job and that there would be some traveling involved as part of the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult physician?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at St. Mary's Medical Center (West Virginia) (Apple Valley, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Called for an interview within a few months of submitting my application.

Interview Questions

• How do relate our values to providing patient care? Please use an example.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase available

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at St. Mary's Medical Center (West Virginia) (Huntington, WV) in August 2011.

Interview

The position was for a physician's office. I initially interviewed with two ladies who oversaw all the physicians offices. Then they asked me to return in 2 hours for pre-employment testing. Two days later I met the physician and completed testing. This required approximately four hours of driving for the initial interview and the testing. (The job was located closer to home) Called to follow up,call was not returned, no contact from them since. According to their website, pre-employment testing was passed and they would contact me.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had working in this type of position.   Answer Question

Patient Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. Mary's Medical Center (West Virginia) (Huntington, WV) in June 2010.

Interview

Direct, straightforward, no games, nothing fancy. It is easy to just be yourself and not worry about any hidden agenda. Prepare for a group interview (with five or six) and try to engage each person in some way. Be yourself. Admit you are not perfect. It seemed that interviewers like direct answers and would not like any pretense or exaggeration. Management makes decisions promptly without any foot-dragging.

Interview Questions

• How you describe yourself and then the follow up questions. Be prepared to give real-life examples of the way you describe yourself. If you say you are good at peace-making and conflict resolution, they will ask you to tell some actual events that show this. If you say you are willing to work overtime, tell some examples of when you did.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Similar to the interview, straightforward, open, no-nonsense, no delays.