St. Vincent Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.6

Md Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at St. Vincent Health System (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Lengthy and Painful. Some interviewers got fired before I was hired so I have to repeat the process again .
    Interview was Held at a public place, Noisy and Busy .
    Heavy discussion about the business model and how o make money
    Core Values was never mention, but was given to me in writing.

Interview Questions

• How Many patients I was able to see a day   1 Answer

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Vincent Health System.

Interview

I was called within about 3 weeks of applying online by the manager of that department who was very friendly and set up a face to face interview. The interview was on the department and last about an hour. She asked me to tell her about me and how I came into nursing. She was very accepting of my story and asked more questions when needed. I felt very comfortable. We concluded with a tour and she invited me to observe, which I am doing next week. Coming from a very large organization into only a slightly smaller one, St Vs had a small hospital feel. I really like that.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you didnt agree with management and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Radiology Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. Vincent Health System (Little Rock, AR) in August 2012.

Interview

A lot of lag time between time of job closing on the internet and interviews beginning. Then 3 more weeks post interview before a decision or call back interview occurred.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Just be prepared for scenarios...... And how would you handle this type of patient, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not willing to meet my current salary. They offered what the position paid based on my experience level, but would not meet my previous employers salary.

Parking Attendant & Cashier Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at St. Vincent Health System (Birmingham, AL) in April 2012.

Interview

At first, my goal was to interview for the parking attendant. I arrived on time and waited ten minutes for the interview because the interviewees were still parking cars. They were nice and had great personalities. First they gave me a job description of the parking attendant and the cashier attendant. They asked me which would I prefer, and I preferred the Cashier Attendant. They also asked me would I prefer part time or full time, and I told them it didn't matter. Finally, the interview started. I was asked around 15-20 questions at a time. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. Questions that were asked included "What do you know about St. Vincent? ", "Can you drive a 5 speed?", "Do you have cashier experience", "Tell your understanding of a parking attendant", etc. Overall, I enjoyed myself and the interview went well.

Side note: Just go in there and smile. Also, show a bit of a good personality.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a person was hurt near your work area? How would you help them?   1 Answer
    • How would you start a conversation with a stranger?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating because the job already offered weekends off.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at St. Vincent Health System (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2011.

Interview

multi step, hard to get in

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given a price, and not able to negotiate

Lpn Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at St. Vincent Health System (Birmingham, AL) in May 2009.

Interview

the interview process for this hosptal system is very extensive.theres the 20-30 minute phone interview along with other test and checks.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview are unexpected questions and some having to do with what would you do in certain situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered the same or little higher salary than the hospital that i had just left

Manager Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at St. Vincent Health System (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2008.

Interview

Standart behavior interview

Interview Questions

• How would you present yourself in 30 seconds commercial   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary wasn't negotiable

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at St. Vincent Health System.

Interview

Fill out application from home page, contact manager over unit you are applying. Set up interview with manager and other staff members if necessary. After the preliminary interview and follow up, new hires will complete general orientation, competency based orientation that is unit-specific and diagnostic tests to see strengths and weaknesses in nursing skills and knowledge before getting on the floor. Travel agency and experienced RNs may have much less to complete before getting on the floor. RN Residency programs and Nurse Extern programs are available for new grads.

Interview Questions

• Some prospective employees had much difficulty completing the PBDS skills assessment, follow up paperwork and debriefing will fill in any holes that the assessment may show.   1 Answer
    • SVHS is a Catholic Health Initiatives hospital that believes in reverence, integrity, compassion and excellence. They also support Catholic beliefs such as pro-life and patient advocacy regarding dignity and spiritual guidance for end-of-life care.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Being flexible and open to suggestion while still maintaining your priorities is a must. If you feel like the job would not be mutually beneficial to you and the company, move on respectfully.

Catering Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. Vincent Health System in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was quick described job description uniform info and basically what they expect.

Interview Questions

• CAn you be on your feet 12 hours daily with limited breaks?   Answer Question