Staff Management | SMX Amazon Warehouse Worker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Staff Management | SMX Amazon Warehouse Worker Interview Questions

Interviews at Staff Management | SMX

1.6

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staff Management | SMX (San Bernardino, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

What interview process? I came in in dressy attire, wanting to make an amazing impression and what did I say? Not one person - not ONE person dressed similarly. Because there are no standards or expectations of skill, this is WAREHOUSE work - this is HARD LABOR, not a real job where you can provide value and information on how to alleviate corporate burdens, hahah. Want to know just how bad SMX was/is? My last week at Amazon before I was let go, Amazon was getting rid of SMX, and someone told me that they (Amazon) or perhaps some other company, was actually SUING SMX - how do you get dissatisfied with an agency whose only purpose is to "train" no-skill, low-wage laborers on how to scan a barcode? Clearly they must've been terrible.

Interview Questions

• "Are you okay with walking upwards of 15 miles a day?"   1 Answer
  • "Are you okay with lifting upwards of 50 lbs. alone and without assistance?"   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Staff Management | SMX

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staff Management | SMX (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Not much of an interview process....I saw an ad in the paper, completed the online application. Received a request for an interview, showed up at the interview location where about 6 people were working with 2-3 people each. I took the drug test, completed the tax and government questions, and was told if I passed the background and drug tests I would be hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staff Management | SMX (Columbia, SC) in July 2014.

Interview

Very easy. They'll hire just about anybody that walks in the door. There were people on tank tops and sandals that came in and walked out with a job. You go in, they ask you a couple questions and I don't even think the really listen to the answers. They're just checking the boxes. Then you take the drug test and oreintation.

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staff Management | SMX (Moreno Valley, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

They basically did not interview you. They just give you a drug test to make sure you are legal to work in United States. They told us everyone gets hired because they needed people so bad, as a result I worked with ex cons and felons.

Interview Questions

• Are you legally able to work in the United States   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staff Management | SMX (San Bernardino, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Really there was hardly any real "interview". You go into SMX, show your proof of high school completion and fill out the application and do assessment on their computers. After that you wait, talk and submit to a cheek swab drug test. That was it.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any warehouse experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations, they told me if I passed the dug test and background I'd get a call in one to a few weeks with an offer of shift choices.

Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staff Management | SMX (Hebron, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy, filled out a on line application and requested a date for interview. They called to confirm interview date and that i was able to pass drug screen and background test. Also what type of experience i had.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience i had   1 Answer

Negotiation

Part time position

Anonymous Employee in Patterson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staff Management | SMX (Patterson, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Basically you apply online and schedule a interview at SMX website(or you can just walk in and apply).
    At the actual interview you will be greeted and set up to take 2 tests. Next you are given a interview with SMX staff.Flowing that you are required to take a drugs teen by mouth swab .After you watch a quick video take your picture for your work badge and then given instructions on when you will be contacted .

Interview Questions

• This job requires a lot of standing and walking do you think you will be able todo that sometimes 12 hours during peak overtime?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staff Management | SMX (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I met with one of the HR people from San Bernardino office and he asked some fairly basic questions about whether or not I'd be okay with working the odd hours and if transportation would be and issue, and they told me that the warehouse was just starting out from the ground up and that I was to work with 3 or 4 more individuals to run the site.

Interview Questions

• Will working from 10:30 p.m to 5:30 a.m be a problem for you?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Cayce, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staff Management | SMX (Cayce, SC) in November 2014.

Interview

Sign in. Fill out application. Interview. Drug test. Proof of Education. SSCD, ID/DL. Watch company video. Complete Application. Will be called to come back for job assignment, Pay rate, Shift 1-2-3 and team.

Interview Questions

• If you see someone do something un safe what do you do?
      If you see someone steal what do you do?   1 Answer