Stagecoach Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stagecoach Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2016

1.7

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hull, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stagecoach (Hull, England (UK)).

Interview

Your hired! ( Employed) thats the start of the misery! Nice nicey.... promised promotion. Forget that idea!!!! You become a slave to the machine. Challenge what we say & you are on the black list.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just avoid this company for your familys well being

Bid Analyst In the Rail Business Development Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stagecoach (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

The day included a written exercise, presentation, group exercise, and 1:1 interview (with HR). It was really casual/laid back, and there were only 4 of us. Halfway through, they took us for lunch at Nandos, where we were joined by some current Analysts who shared their experiences - overall very positive experience, definitely the most pleasant AC I've ever been to.

Interview Questions

• Interview: Standard fit questions (why you, why the role, why the firm) + competency/strengths questions (tell me of a time when...)   Answer Question
    • There were also a couple questions during the presentation part of the AC, which was to the Director of the department: Some quick fit Qs and also "what is the accomplishment you are most proud of to this date?"   Answer Question

Coach Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stagecoach (Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied by post after missing an open day. Got the interview appointment sent next day.

Took about 3 hours. Started with a written arithmetic test (really easy - all addition and subtraction) and Highway code/ PCV perceprion test. I started these then got taken away from them to do a driving assessment.

Assessment was accompanied by two trainers. Pretty straightforward and had no problems with that.

Back to depot to finish what I had started then taken in for a panel interview.

Felt pretty confident, answered what they wanted, was complimented the whole way through - and in the end still didnt get it.

No idea why though have written to find out. Probably because I have long hair (male), even though they can't say that. Only reason I can think of.

Anyhoo, its a dawdle. Advice. Wear a suit (I had dress trousers and open kneck shirt on and much was made about my lack of tie - I had already searched on line and everyone commented on the cleanliness of their assessment vehicles, that was my reason for not going full bhuna with a suit), if you have long hair and are male I wouldn't bother.
    They also asked my marital status and if I had kids, this may also have had a negative impact as I know it does in the trucking industry. Up to you how you answer that one.
    I was asked basic geography of my region, customer service questions, collision management questions and the usual "why should we employ you" type questions.

Interview Questions

• Insurance question on collision management; "who would you take a witness statement from in the event of a collision"   1 Answer
    • You have a bus load of school kids (on a school bus) swearing at you and causing no end of noise on the bus. What do you do.   1 Answer