Stagecoach Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.2

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Owner Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stagecoach.

Interview

Completely unacceptable experience.

Offered a telephone interview following a four week wait after submitting a CV.

Date set for telephone interview but no call ever materialised at the agreed time despite me informing the recruiter I’d be taking an afternoon off work so I could speak properly. No email or contact to apologise until I got in touch at the end of the day to ask what had happened. Received a half-hearted apology and vague excuse.

Telephone interview went ahead the following week which lasted about 45 minutes. Fairly standard stuff, nothing out of the ordinary. At the end of this stage the recruiter said the next part would be some online tests to test maths and English. I thought this was incredibly dated and didn’t really give any insight into the capability of doing the job but went with it anyway.

I completed the tests as planned after spending a good few hours preparing and practicing. This was mid-September. It’s now mid-December and the results never materialised, nor did even an automated email to say not taking you forward to next stage.

Not progressing to the next stage is always a bit of a disappointment but the dismal way Stagecoach conducted this recruitment makes me believe I’m much better off at my new company. A very poor experience all round and one I would urge people to avoid.

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Ham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stagecoach (West Ham, England (UK)).

Interview

Was asked to come in for a assessment and sat the 40min test as required to then be called in a room and told they wouldn't employ me because of a gap in my employment history. Could have told me before I wasted time and money getting there.

Professional Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stagecoach (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Arrived at West Ham Head Office, first we had 40 minutes written test, which included description of an raod accident, some simple maths, etc.
    After that we waited in a canteen . Next step was verbal interview, face to face, a lady read questions regarding customer service and if you are not prepared for it you are doomed. They treat customer service very seriously. I finished my assesment at this point- I wasn't prepared.

Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stagecoach (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn, got an email from recruiter to schedule phone screening interview round. Had the phone interview within a week which lasted for 30 minutes. I was told that more candidates were being interviewed and I will be informed in a week if I had made to the next round of the recruitment process. I never heard back from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Talked about my work experience, about stagecoach team, briefly touched on expected salary range.   Answer Question

Fitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worksop, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stagecoach (Worksop, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Walked around the depot and was told the history of the company. Was asked a few questions about experience and attitude. (I have worked as a manager for this company and I can tell you that no two interviews are the same, every manager is left to make up their own interview procedure and most managers are incompetent at this. If they are interviewing then they are extremely desperate at the time. They rarely get more than a couple of applications as the poor work environment and pay is widely known in the industy. Avoid if you can find anywhere else).

Interview Questions

• Would you run an unsafe vehicle i.e. Passenger access ramp is faulty.   1 Answer

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hull, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stagecoach (Hull, England (UK)).

Interview

Your hired! ( Employed) thats the start of the misery! Nice nicey.... promised promotion. Forget that idea!!!! You become a slave to the machine. Challenge what we say & you are on the black list.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just avoid this company for your familys well being

Bid Analyst In the Rail Business Development Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stagecoach (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

The day included a written exercise, presentation, group exercise, and 1:1 interview (with HR). It was really casual/laid back, and there were only 4 of us. Halfway through, they took us for lunch at Nandos, where we were joined by some current Analysts who shared their experiences - overall very positive experience, definitely the most pleasant AC I've ever been to.

Interview Questions

• Interview: Standard fit questions (why you, why the role, why the firm) + competency/strengths questions (tell me of a time when...)   Answer Question
    • There were also a couple questions during the presentation part of the AC, which was to the Director of the department: Some quick fit Qs and also "what is the accomplishment you are most proud of to this date?"   Answer Question

Coach Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stagecoach (Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied by post after missing an open day. Got the interview appointment sent next day.

Took about 3 hours. Started with a written arithmetic test (really easy - all addition and subtraction) and Highway code/ PCV perceprion test. I started these then got taken away from them to do a driving assessment.

Assessment was accompanied by two trainers. Pretty straightforward and had no problems with that.

Back to depot to finish what I had started then taken in for a panel interview.

Felt pretty confident, answered what they wanted, was complimented the whole way through - and in the end still didnt get it.

No idea why though have written to find out. Probably because I have long hair (male), even though they can't say that. Only reason I can think of.

Anyhoo, its a dawdle. Advice. Wear a suit (I had dress trousers and open kneck shirt on and much was made about my lack of tie - I had already searched on line and everyone commented on the cleanliness of their assessment vehicles, that was my reason for not going full bhuna with a suit), if you have long hair and are male I wouldn't bother.
    They also asked my marital status and if I had kids, this may also have had a negative impact as I know it does in the trucking industry. Up to you how you answer that one.
    I was asked basic geography of my region, customer service questions, collision management questions and the usual "why should we employ you" type questions.

Interview Questions

• Insurance question on collision management; "who would you take a witness statement from in the event of a collision"   1 Answer
    • You have a bus load of school kids (on a school bus) swearing at you and causing no end of noise on the bus. What do you do.   1 Answer