Stamps.com Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stamps.com (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email from some employee who never bothered to introduce himself. But the email included an assignment asking me to develop a product & pick top 5 features & why I would pick them. No context given. No explaining or guidance given. So, I started with assumptions I was going to make before I attempt to answer the assignment.
    I confirmed that my approach was correct with some of the Sr Product Managers that I work with on daily basis. With confidence, I submitted the answer.
    No response for a week. I followed up asking for an update, I got an auto-reply with rejection.
    Annoying attitude, to say the least!

Interview Questions

• Top 5 SDKs for an airline company   1 Answer

Customer Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Filled out an application online, then 5 days later, got a call from a department hiring manager wanting to interview me the next day. Did the interview in person in El Segundo, and the day after got a call offering me the position. From there, it took 4 days for HR to send the emails with the compensation package, information on benefits, and forms to fill out online.

Interview Questions

• To start, they wanted you to talk to them about your resume and your accomplishments. From there, they asked specific questions about how you would react to specific customer situations if customers were to call in to complain. They want to see how tacit you are with handling even the angriest of costumers. Afterwards, they ask about you and where you see yourself in 5-10 years down the road.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You really don't have room for negotiation. Each position has a starting rate that you either accept, or you don't and keep looking for work. Each year they review your work for raises.

Customer Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a bit unprofessional and unconventional. The guy who interviewed did not have a list of questions to ask me. Instead, he was asking questions from the top of his head. He read my resume and instantly asked me about my educational experience since I have an advanced degree. I was asked about my professional experience as it relates to the position. I was very qualified for the position. I was not offered the position because he felt, or the company felt that there are more qualified applicants. I have over 4 years of customer service, call center experience. How could I not be qualified for the position? However, I felt that I was not selected because I have 2 degrees.

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

I got a call from their technical recruiter the day after I submitted by application online. I was given a brief overview of the company and a phone interview was scheduled during that first call.

During the phone interview, I was asked 10 advanced SQL questions. I was also asked about tasks I handle at my current workplace. After a few days, the technical recruiter called to schedule an on-site interview.

The on-site interview started later than scheduled and lasted for 3 hours. The questions were highly technical, but someone with more than 4 years of experience using the Microsoft BI platform should have no problems answering them. The last half hour of the interview were mostly situational questions about managerial styles and workplace issues.

The interview was a good learning experience of what questions to expect. The interviewers were very smart and you can easily tell they have tons of BI experience. It honestly felt like being in a spelling bee as a contestant, where everyone seems to be waiting for you to misspell a word - in this case give an incorrect answer to a seemingly simple but tricky SQL question. Also, be warned that interviewers may repeat questions because they were browsing their phone while listening to your answers.

Interview Questions

• Error catching in SSIS, Primary index vs. unique key, CTE, stored procedure vs. in-line code in SSRS, transactions, etc.   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very friendly interviewees and a relatively painless process. I applied online through craig's list and was contacted via email and phone. I came in on the day of the job fair to meet the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions that were behavioral questions in nature.   Answer Question

Customer Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and it sounded wonderful. I was immediately contacted by a very friendly internal recruiter who sent me a lengthy online application and many forms to print. I interviewed online with a cold, purse-lipped manager-type.

Interview Questions

• A really obscene use of Industrial psychology. How many ways to sunday can you ask 'tell me about a time when you took a risk at work but didn't get caught?' 'I mean like you felt in your gut it could be wrong but you did it anyway?' 'Tell me about a time when you broke the rules but it was worth it?' 'Tell me about something your deeply ashamed about?' WHAT? no. (He asked about rulebreaking and risktaking at least 10 different ways and times) super lame.   1 Answer
    • In short, there was little discussion of actual skills for this - one of two, entry-level customer service - positions. In fact, he made smirks when he asked me 'why are you here applying for this job?' ' I do not see any call center experience on your resume (that I only just now bothered to review when we sat down in this room for the first time 5 minutes ago).   1 Answer
    • In the end I was so turned off by what is apparently a very adversarial management mentality despite what is portrayed through marketing.   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process seemed normal, until you get there and there are 20 other people vying for the same job. They herd you into a conference room and then tell you the greatness of the company, and then drop the hammer of how long the process will take and what they will look for. 90% of the people applying won't pass their first group interview, then the assessment, which features laughable questions about nothing, ala Google. If you pass that, you get a phone interview, if you pass that, you get another in person interview, and if you're luck, 24 - 30 days after your initial interview, you may get the job. Imagine not having a job, or income, and having to wait 30 days? By then your apartment, home, and car are going to be foreclosed, repossessed or worst. Lame.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Sent my resume for an advertised Manager/Director position directly. HR (which consists of a single person) called me to schedule a phone interview followed by onsite interviews on 2 separate days.

Phone interview was pretty detailed. For a company this small, I thought that was about it. However I was wrong and I was called back for an onsite interview.

I took a couple of hours off work on the day of the interview as I was expected to meet with just one person. However the CMO was late and made me feel like he was doing me a favor by taking the interview. His exact words were " I had to cut my meeting short with the CFO for this interview".. I was diplomatic and said thank you when I really wanted to say.. "yeah i took a couple of hours off my job to be here at a time you asked for.. ". It was about this time when I realized the unique culture at stamps.com. The interview lasted 1.5 - 2 hours and the CMO went to great depths with an internal case study about the current problems they are facing at the organization. I really wasn't expecting a case study and a 2 hour discussion. HR should have clarified the agenda for the meeting.

Anyways, to my surprise I was called for a second round of interviews the next week. This time I took an entire day off work as it was with 4 other Directors, Managers etc. No one really asked any difficult question. Frankly, to me it felt like they were not sure what skills they wanted to see in this position. It was strange and I did not feel that it was a very professional experience. However the director of product was wierd.. he seemed to be really enjoying his work though as he was listening to his music chilling out prior to our interview in his room. I thought that this interview would be a breeze but i was caught off guard and there were more irrelevant cases and mental calisthenic types of questions. I mean, this ain't no Mensa quiz after all... but heck yeah.. by now I was getting tired and eager to leave. The Director of Product seemed to have time on his hands and I took up the offer to walk around the office building. He also seemed to have an appreciation for the artwork around the cafeteria..

Overall a pretty poor experience. Very poorly managed process. No refreshments served during a 5 hour ordeal of an interview. No agenda set for the interview. I'm glad i did not have to drive very far or very long

I did not hear back from the HR one way or the other for over a month... I had to email HR to hear that the interviews were competitive and that they decided to not proceed with my candidacy.. by now i was certain that I did not think I fit in this culture.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview after job fair where qualification tests were taken. It went good

Interview Questions

• Job questions not difficult if you were technically prepapred.   Answer Question

Going to school now.

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

After submitting a resume through their site I was called in for an interview. I met with the hiring manager and the Facilities Coordinator who would be my supervisor. Both very professional and cordial. We spoke of the position, of the requirements and of the company.

Interview Questions

• The process was simple and straight forward. I was not offered the position but there were certainly many equally qualified people for this position.   Answer Question