Standard Calibrations IT Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

IT Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Calibrations (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Was very disappointing. I had heard before i went into the interview that politics were fearce at SCI especially in IT but of course in an interview there is no way to detemine that. During the interview the interviewees seemed to not really know what the position would require or what I would really be doing. I didn't like the vagueness of accepting a job that I would not understand my role. The Director studdard throughout the interview. I just didn't get a good feeling for working at SCI.

Interview Questions

• They seemed to dwell on how long candidates have been out work. I didn't see the point since today that is very commonplace and I have many IT Colleagues which have been laid off.   Answer Question

Several recruiters told me that SCI "hires and fires" very easily, usually based on politics. Also I was told by several recruiting companies that with more people going with cremations that SCI's profit margin is quickly dwindling. With all that it just didn't appear to be a sound place to work.