Standard Chartered Bank Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

3.1

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

fast , professional hiring process..recruiter contacted me.feel they want to fill the role as soon as possible(maybe its contractor job). no pressure with interview questions. regular interview question, but all behavioral, not tech skill interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Standard Chartered Bank

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thanjavur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Thanjavur (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of Online test, Group discussion and Interview. The online test had 30 logical questions, 20 verbal and 15 technical in 60 mins.
    The group discussion was based on a scenario/storyline .The scenario for our group described events that led to a murder.We were asked to rank the people from most responsible for the murder to the least responsible. The final interview had a panel of both technical and hr persons. The questions were from the resume and your areas of interest.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through website The process took weeks.
    Personality Test, Logical reasoning test, numerical test, Pre-recorded video interview, about 1:30 min each. Nothing too unpredictable,
    and I haven't been processed to the next stage.

Interview Questions

• Video interviews quiz:

1. Tell us about the project or piece of work from University that are most proud of
      2. What motivates you to collaborate with others
      3. Have you ever had to recover from a major setback
      4. Imagine you are asked to evaluate a large and complex set of data for your manager, how would you feel about this kind of tasks and how would you plan to work.
      5. Why excellent customer service is important to banks
      6. How do you feel when others ask you for advice relating to an important decision?
      7. When was the last time you had adapt your style of communication for someone in a management role or senior position?
      8. When was the last time you made a big mistake in a piece of work and what did you learn from it?
      9. Imagine it is your first month in your graduate role, who would you seek to build relationships with and how would you do this
      10. What does working hard mean to you?
      11. Do you have anything else to tell us?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Chennai (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

The Interview started with a C programming problem. It was not that difficult but had to think in a different manner and I was able to impress them.
    Then they asked me about my projects and the idea behind them.
    Interview went smooth and they started telling about the benefits of the company and all the scope in the future.

Interview Questions

• Algorithm to find the number of elements in 2 array that are same.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Vellore (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview lasted for around 25 minutes. They asked the questions on basics of programming. The interviews very quite amiable. Then the focus shifted on applied knowledge and problem solving. Few HR questions were asked too.
    Overall experience was good

Interview Questions

• Difference between artificial intelligence and neural logic?
      How many people will be there in a bus in your city?( Problem solving approach)   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Dhaka (Bangladesh)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online then got a phone call for written exam. Then gave 2 interviews . Then hired and submitted all the required papers for background check.the process took almost 1.5months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and they kept asking me questions regarding my answers.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

First round with hiring manager: assessed technical and problem solving skills (this was long). Second round was basically a chat with hiring manager's boss. Third round was a chat with HR. Finally round four was the paper formalities. It took more than 1.5 month end to end. Generally not difficult, but this may be different in other departments.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, but they did ask about the company values   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Mumbai (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Was conducted by Head of Trade Services , a very nice person , with straightforward questions on acads, and general questions on banking, asked about family and other aspects of life

Interview Questions

• How do you think banking processes can be improved?
      Where do you see yourself in years ?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

Apply online, get HR interview fast. Second round is a panel interview and group discussion.
    Very awesome interview. The interviewers have a checklist to clear.
    Apart from that, there are a lot other interesting questions. Panel interview plus separate sessions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview by hiring manager first followed by interview by Human resource. Need lots of preparation of the job position and scope. Some straight forward questions but manager prefers candidate to ask questions on the position applied.

Interview Questions

• Questions aren't that difficult but the interview will involves a lot of interactions with the managers   Answer Question