Standard Chartered Bank Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Standard Chartered Bank Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2017

3.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

fast , professional hiring process..recruiter contacted me.feel they want to fill the role as soon as possible(maybe its contractor job). no pressure with interview questions. regular interview question, but all behavioral, not tech skill interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Standard Chartered Bank

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Chennai (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

The Interview started with a C programming problem. It was not that difficult but had to think in a different manner and I was able to impress them.
    Then they asked me about my projects and the idea behind them.
    Interview went smooth and they started telling about the benefits of the company and all the scope in the future.

Interview Questions

• Algorithm to find the number of elements in 2 array that are same.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Vellore (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview lasted for around 25 minutes. They asked the questions on basics of programming. The interviews very quite amiable. Then the focus shifted on applied knowledge and problem solving. Few HR questions were asked too.
    Overall experience was good

Interview Questions

• Difference between artificial intelligence and neural logic?
      How many people will be there in a bus in your city?( Problem solving approach)
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

First round with hiring manager: assessed technical and problem solving skills (this was long). Second round was basically a chat with hiring manager's boss. Third round was a chat with HR. Finally round four was the paper formalities. It took more than 1.5 month end to end. Generally not difficult, but this may be different in other departments.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, but they did ask about the company values   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

Apply online, get HR interview fast. Second round is a panel interview and group discussion.
    Very awesome interview. The interviewers have a checklist to clear.
    Apart from that, there are a lot other interesting questions. Panel interview plus separate sessions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview by hiring manager first followed by interview by Human resource. Need lots of preparation of the job position and scope. Some straight forward questions but manager prefers candidate to ask questions on the position applied.

Interview Questions

• Questions aren't that difficult but the interview will involves a lot of interactions with the managers   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2012.

Interview

Telephone interview with external contractor - all competency based questions
    Case Study Exercise
    Interview with Directors

Interview Questions

• Having to come up with a new "best achievement" on the spot.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

After applying for the position on web-portal I was invited to the interview with the Head of Global Country Risk department and one of the senior analysts. The interviewers were extremely nice with mostly fit questions and some technical questions as well. The job is mostly qualitative and being more of a quant guy I decided that it is not for me. I believe they saw it as well.

Interview Questions

• What are the current political risks in south-eastern asia?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in June 2011.

Interview

The whole process took around two months but then no offer at the end.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in February 2011.

Interview

Got a call from HR for asking if I'm interested it or not, I said yes then went through the interview process. Since I'm in the states and the interviewers are in Singapore, it's just phone interview. They need someone to work on their system, and their business focusing on fixed income on emerging market and FX options. They mainly asked some finance questions, like basic knowledge on options, how to derive black-scholes formula, and some C++ and SQL questions. It's basically not a tough one.