Standard Chartered Bank Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

3.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Got call from cosultant. Visited their site and had discussion about the role. Interview is mostly on CV. Questions on projects you worked. some questions on SAS, logistic modeling, Scorecard model development etc.

Interview Questions

• Questions are general and mostly on Banking products - cards, mortgages (all retail products) and SAS and a bit of Statistics   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Standard Chartered Bank

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Mumbai (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

First asked for the CV from the candidate, then short list the candidate for the suitable role.
    Call candidate for the the primary interview, after that short list the candidate list for final interview.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in August 2014.

Interview

Formal conversation and straight forward to the job requirements
    1 to 1 with the hiring manager and head of department
    Explanation on the jobs details and requirements
    Discussion on expected salary
    Asked for reasons to leave existing place and join the new place

Interview Questions

• Why choose to join the new place and leaving the existing employer   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

It was a three level process wherein the first screening of the candidates was done by branch manager then there was a telephonic interview with Area head for that department and then with the Regional manager. All the three basically focused on general questions to judge your confidence level. They need to make sure that you plan to stay with the organisation and not flee on the next opportunity. Other then that they see how you present yourself and if you are good at conversation.

Negotiation

They have a very good salary structure as per the industry standards

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Mumbai (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Personal introduction; knowledge of job profile, career achievements, attitude towards work, dealing with colleagues, friends and relatives; how I find my self in 5 years downline; academic and professional achievements; future goal plans, etc.

Interview Questions

• giving case scenario of performance of bank   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New Delhi (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

The date of interview was provided from the personal consultant of standard chartered which was one to one discussion wherein they would like to know your skills, interest in details and whether you are fit for the job title or not, after analyzing the eligibility I was sent in a group discussion round to check the team spirit quality followed by another discussion round and one to one by the senior most HR.
    I like the various ways of the staff to analyze during interview and to be more precise what they were looking for in a candidate during screening
    Their were few candidates who had master degrees too but lack of confidence and skills who were eventually rejected, as the company was looking for practically upcoming business developer.

Interview Questions

• There were few questions like how lucky you think you are and why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I am flexible.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in June 2010.

Interview

Test, Interview with Head, Panel Interview with 5 different heads of the department

Interview Questions

• your Univeristy is not upto our standard and how can we hire you if you still have not completed your degree?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New Delhi (India)) in February 2010.

Interview

i did applied online scb carrier site .after that i was select my Cv.

Interview Questions

• what do mean loan?   1 Answer
    • what is the meaning of mortgages? and type   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotation

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Dhaka (Bangladesh)) in January 2010.

Interview

It was a long interview and the interviewer asked a lot of question regarding skills, personal development, future growth.

Interview Questions

• What is your present work responsibilities?   1 Answer
    • How will you rate yourself in terms of service providing   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a mutual negotiation.