Standard Chartered Bank Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Standard Chartered Bank Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Standard Chartered Bank

2.7

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

1. Interviewer introduce this job position, give a general idea of what I'll do
2. I give a brief introduction of myself, my education and work experience.
3. some simple test, VBA- write a simple function. SQL- inner join, outer join, left join..
4. Financial knowledge, difference between forward and future contract

Interview Questions

• What caused the 2008 financial crisis? Who is the biggest loser? Approximately how much she lost? Who suffered next?
    Estimate the current spread of standard chartered based on its credit rating.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Standard Chartered Bank

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2011.

Interview

I was lucky and applied when they needed people, so only face-to-face interview, no online test.
    First round: interview with 2 people from HR.
    Second round: interview with line manager.
    They didn't reply for more than 1 month after 1st round so I emailed and called to ask HR how it went. It worked, they actually put me in touch with a line manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Generally 2 rounds of Interview
    Quick and Usually Immediate decision
    Focus more towards your Knowledge, Presentation, Stability and background
    Whenever appearing for an interview be ready with some scenario based question rather than just career history
    They usually prefer who can give long term commitment

Interview Questions

• Why you want to Join us ?
      Why you think you are good candidate for this role   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2013.

Interview

Met with direct manager at his office. The process was 30 mins long as he really did not have more time than that to spare. It was not intimidating, but he was not too friendly either. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard strength-based interviews.
      What are your strengths & weaknesses, can you learn quickly, work ethics and etc.
      Little technical things.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2017.

Interview

Telephonic interview was on Financial markets and Agile vs waterfall model delivery
    2nd round of face2Face with leads
    Final interview with program manager
    Salary nego (no HR involved as I am a contractor)

Interview Questions

• FM product suite, trade life cycle and business process reengineering   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in June 2009.

Interview

typical interview questions re: employment history, skills learnt, management experience (including size of team, difficult people etc.), projects undertaken (including issues encountered).

interviewer was really nice and took down lots of notes. had time to ask my own questions at the end. very professional atmosphere. was advised by interviewer in the end that feedback will be given via recruiter.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

The process was efficient doing the interview. Met 3 people on the team that I was hired for and 1 round with HR over the phone. However HR was not too efficient sorting out the offer and paper work.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was divided into three phases; a competency assessment (online quizzes), a HireVue recorded interview, and the actual one-on-one interview. The online quizzes was pretty hard, but the last two phases (recorded and live interviews) were easy, just typical behavioral/fit questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Bhubaneswar (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Written test, Group discussion and 1 round of technical and HR interview. Panel taking the group discussion also took the interview. HR interview was mainly about the family background. Technical interview was all about oops concept, Java , basic programming and software development concepts.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

It was first focusing on coding type questions, but since I was not from coding background it started focusing on my business skills. Panel was cooperative. They also asked that can I sometimes work for 15 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell about yourself
      Family background