Standard Chartered Bank Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 2, 2017

2.7

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Got phone screen from HR and heard back about second round within a week. Got the offer the week afterwards. The entire process is fairly smooth. Also, the HR has been pretty responsive and get back to me within a reasonable time frame. Overall, good experience

Negotiation

No negotiation. Internship post

Other Interview Reviews for Standard Chartered Bank

Intern Interview

Interview

we interviewed within a small team, and were asked to design a metro card system.

Anonymous Employee in China, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (China, IN) in June 2013.

Interview

behavioral question conversational talk, location preference, salary information. we also discussed hlw sc is in china, etc. not very interesting conversation. a bit boring than i expected. behavioral question conversational talk, location preference, salary information. we also discussed hlw sc is in china, etc. not very interesting conversation. a bit boring than i expected. behavioral question conversational talk, location preference, salary information. we also discussed hlw sc is in china, etc. not very interesting conversation. a bit boring than i expected.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Hiring process was in 5 steps.
    1. Strength test: to see if you are a good fit for the company
    2. Logical test - this test was quite challenging and the practice was REALLY easy compared to the real one
    3. Numerical test: - the test was quite challenging; there is not a lot of time to do calculations so you really have to think on your feet
    4. Video interview: filming yourself answering questions; you have 30 s to read a question and 1min to answer
    5. Interview in the office : finally get to meet SCB staff. Before the interview I was asked to do some research on SCB's main competitors, its international footprint, etc.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online tests online first, then a prerecorded video interview. One thing to note is that you can only apply for one position per applicant. Nice thing that they would send you a personality report.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The process took 2 months, applied online and was invited to take two online tests, online and verbal. Soon after was invited to partake in an online pre-recorded interview. The next step is an office interview with someone from HR, could be done over skype if distance in an issue. A Final interview with managers is the final step before offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

you need to do personality test, online test, video test, if you pass all of them you will get a chance of phone interview or group interview. I only received the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why banking? Why this department? and some behaviour questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

How is it applicable to your major? Do you want to work here after you graduate, why should we hire you? Can you speak any other foreign languages? What is your quant ability like

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

short interview for 30 minutes. interviewer is a little rude when asking personal questions. So I wouldnt like to work for him, but i got mad when I am not hired. They dont send any sorry letters.

Interview Questions

• Why are u interested in working in banking industry   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online numerical and judgemental first, followed by video interview, fairly easy questions. Now waiting for telephone interview. Told that it would be strength based instead of competency based. HR people are really nice.