Standard Chartered Bank International Graduate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 3, 2017

3.1

86 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

International Graduate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

6 steps: 3 tests( logic, verbal, behavioral) , video interview, HR skype interview, and MD interview.
It was a smooth process. Still in process of Step 5. The HR called and seems to be very kind.
the logic and verbal tests are a little bit tricky

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Standard Chartered Bank

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

- 6 components: personality test, logic/patterns test, math test, recorded video interview, phone interview with HR, on-site interview with MDs
    - You have about 5 days to complete each component
    - HR was very nice and helpful, and so were the MDs
    - Very personality-based and fit-based
    - Very open communication throughout the process

International Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

Had three interviews, first over skype. This was a general 'fit' interview with HR manager. Second was a functional interview, this could get a little technical. Last interview was with senior management, any question was fair game here. Best way to prepare for the interview is to make sure you know your motivations to apply to banking and to SCB. Of course do read all the recent news articles about the bank. You can get asked about your views on what the bank should be doing in the little of stricter regulations or collapsing commodity markets.

Interview Questions

• Why Standard Chartered? Why banking? Where do you see yourself in five years?
      Why do you want to join Corporate banking? What are credit default swaps?   1 Answer

International Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

Passed VI interview, and was invited to the on site interview. The HR is really nice and welcoming. The questions are most common open questions. At the end of interview, HR told me that the feedback of the interview might be send out very late due to the holiday period. I still have not heard from them yet since mid December.

International Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

The process was standard. You have to pass the situational-personality test first. Once you pass the test, you will move to the next phase - logical and math tests plus hirevue video. Then if you pass all the tests, you will go through multiple rounds of managers interviews. Lastly, you just wait to know whether you got the offer.

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty efficient. The first stage of the interview was a strengths assessment , then followed by a verbal reasoning test and then a numerical reasoning test, video interview, telephone interview with HR and then the last stage of the interview with the MDs.

Interview Questions

• E.g of video interview questions; what does excellent customer service mean to you etc.   1 Answer

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Nairobi (Kenya)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the program online but didn't go beyond personal strength assessment.Well,I found it helpful that they email back telling you the strengths they discovered and areas of potential you need to improve on.I hope to be able to get more interviews based on the responses

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were to meet up with a client to sell a given product and unfortunately the manager doesn't know show up yet you have no information about the product.What would you do?   Answer Question

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Accra (Ghana)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Accra (Ghana)) in January 2017.

Interview

I did a strength based assessment test. Response came immediately after the assessment. I then did a logical and numerical reasoning which I also got response to immediately. I have now gotten to the stage of a video interview and awaiting a response.

International Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

Online application- Strengths assessment - logical reasoning - numerical reasoning - video interview - HR interview

Tests are straightforward. Instant feedback on your progress until video interview stage. An example of video interview question: "It is the first day at work. Who would you seek for advice and how"

For the HR interview, I guess it was a very realistic one. I expected motivational, behavioral, CV based questions but the first thing they said was "other candidates have numerous banking experience but you only have 1". Typical questions such as "tell me a time" ones or "why us/division" was never asked.
    They Don't give you much room to explain your other experiences or anything else rather than things that were directly related to banking or finance.

I'm sure it depends on the interviewer/position/country but from my experience, I don't think you can have a decent conversational interview unless you have a finance related major with 2 or more previous internship at a bank.

Interview Questions

• If I called the company you interned and talked to your manager what would they say about you   Answer Question

International Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

There were some aptitude tests. After that, I was invited to a HireVue video interview. It is all an automatic process so I guess they just send you the interview if you scored higher than a threshold in the tests.