Standard Chartered Bank International Graduate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2017

3.1

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

International Graduate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

6 steps: 3 tests( logic, verbal, behavioral) , video interview, HR skype interview, and MD interview.
It was a smooth process. Still in process of Step 5. The HR called and seems to be very kind.
the logic and verbal tests are a little bit tricky

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Standard Chartered Bank

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

- 6 components: personality test, logic/patterns test, math test, recorded video interview, phone interview with HR, on-site interview with MDs
    - You have about 5 days to complete each component
    - HR was very nice and helpful, and so were the MDs
    - Very personality-based and fit-based
    - Very open communication throughout the process

International Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

Had three interviews, first over skype. This was a general 'fit' interview with HR manager. Second was a functional interview, this could get a little technical. Last interview was with senior management, any question was fair game here. Best way to prepare for the interview is to make sure you know your motivations to apply to banking and to SCB. Of course do read all the recent news articles about the bank. You can get asked about your views on what the bank should be doing in the little of stricter regulations or collapsing commodity markets.

Interview Questions

• Why Standard Chartered? Why banking? Where do you see yourself in five years?
      Why do you want to join Corporate banking? What are credit default swaps?   1 Answer

International Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

Passed VI interview, and was invited to the on site interview. The HR is really nice and welcoming. The questions are most common open questions. At the end of interview, HR told me that the feedback of the interview might be send out very late due to the holiday period. I still have not heard from them yet since mid December.

International Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

There was a situational test followed by numerical and logical tests. the tests are easy. I cleared the video as well as the online tests. After that, I received a call for an interview. There were 2 sets of interview. I was rejected because of lack of finance knowledge suitable for the role.

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2017.

Interview

1. Aptitude Test (Situational, Logical, Numerical)
    2. Video Interview
    3. HR Interview
    4. Business Interview

The interview process took shorter than I expected. Preparation is key to moving through the recruitment process. Nothing technical until the business interview where you will likely be interviewed by three seniors consisted HR head and two department heads. Video interview questions can be found on google and they generally use the same set of questions for every candidate, so nothing to worry about. HR interview was standard questions based on your CV and motivations to join SCB.

Interview Questions

• Video Interview:
      1. Tell us about the project or piece of work from University that are most proud of
      2. when was the last time you made a big mistake in a piece of work and what did you learn from it
      3. What does working hard mean to you?
      HR:
      1. Compare to other students, what is your advantage?   Answer Question

International Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

The process was standard. You have to pass the situational-personality test first. Once you pass the test, you will move to the next phase - logical and math tests plus hirevue video. Then if you pass all the tests, you will go through multiple rounds of managers interviews. Lastly, you just wait to know whether you got the offer.

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty efficient. The first stage of the interview was a strengths assessment , then followed by a verbal reasoning test and then a numerical reasoning test, video interview, telephone interview with HR and then the last stage of the interview with the MDs.

Interview Questions

• E.g of video interview questions; what does excellent customer service mean to you etc.   1 Answer

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Nairobi (Kenya)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the program online but didn't go beyond personal strength assessment.Well,I found it helpful that they email back telling you the strengths they discovered and areas of potential you need to improve on.I hope to be able to get more interviews based on the responses

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were to meet up with a client to sell a given product and unfortunately the manager doesn't know show up yet you have no information about the product.What would you do?   Answer Question

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process followed online assessments (personality, reasoning, numerical). The first interview was by video. The second interview was by phone. The I did two tete-a-tete interviews, the final one being with Executive Director of the business segment.