Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

International Graduate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

6 steps: 3 tests( logic, verbal, behavioral) , video interview, HR skype interview, and MD interview.
    It was a smooth process. Still in process of Step 5. The HR called and seems to be very kind.
    the logic and verbal tests are a little bit tricky

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

fast , professional hiring process..recruiter contacted me.feel they want to fill the role as soon as possible(maybe its contractor job). no pressure with interview questions. regular interview question, but all behavioral, not tech skill interview.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on the company website and a few days later they got back to me with an online personality assessment test. Then I moved on to an analysis test and math assessment test. Got back to me within a day about results.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was alright. It was a panel interview where 3 or more people interview you and ask about your professional experiences. So far, they were very polite and be very confident.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Study very hard and be confident

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

I applied on the website, the process took a week. First will be the online test, if you pass that, you will be invited to future steps, including a video interview.

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

- 6 components: personality test, logic/patterns test, math test, recorded video interview, phone interview with HR, on-site interview with MDs
    - You have about 5 days to complete each component
    - HR was very nice and helpful, and so were the MDs
    - Very personality-based and fit-based
    - Very open communication throughout the process

Associate Interview

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews. Met with a manager and went through previous job experience on my resume. First met with a recruiter, basically went over my resume. Second round met with a corporate senior staff, dug into who I really was and what my goals were.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing you came into during the last job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

Long process. A lot of online assessments added with a virtual interview before the HR and final interview. The HR lady is very responsive and the interview questions are not really challenging.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

Had three interviews, first over skype. This was a general 'fit' interview with HR manager. Second was a functional interview, this could get a little technical. Last interview was with senior management, any question was fair game here. Best way to prepare for the interview is to make sure you know your motivations to apply to banking and to SCB. Of course do read all the recent news articles about the bank. You can get asked about your views on what the bank should be doing in the little of stricter regulations or collapsing commodity markets.

Interview Questions

• Why Standard Chartered? Why banking? Where do you see yourself in five years?
      Why do you want to join Corporate banking? What are credit default swaps?
      1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Mainly behavioral question on how to deal with team work and how you react in given scenario.
    How do you deal with difficult client
    How to prioritize and perform under tight deadlines
    Why standard chartered

Interview Questions

• How to prioritize under tight deadlines   1 Answer

Negotiation

unable to negotiate