Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2017

Trader Interview

Interview

most of us we can know the questions they are going to ask before the interview, so we can prepare. They are Indian I think, they try to type down what you said. It takes about 45 minutes. Three big questions and within each question there are some small questions. The HR are nice generally speaking.

Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Newark, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

they go through everything on your resume. serious and professional interivew but they do not make you feel uncomfortable. it may be 2 individuals conducting the interview together. in the end they say the recruiter will call if an offer is extended.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have in this field? where do you live. why did you leave your last employment   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online through website. After numerical and logical tests, there was only one round interview. The interview only lasts about 35 minutes. The recruiter is nice and easygoing. Basic behavioral questions. It is quite easy.

Fast Track Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Passed all 5 rounds.

Pretty efficient

Be prepared for the final round interview. Business interview round requires a little technical skill and expertise. First four round essentially personalized questions.

Tough part is getting past the first 3 rounds of test and video interview

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years from now   1 Answer

International Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

Passed VI interview, and was invited to the on site interview. The HR is really nice and welcoming. The questions are most common open questions. At the end of interview, HR told me that the feedback of the interview might be send out very late due to the holiday period. I still have not heard from them yet since mid December.

Head - Client Coverage Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in February 2015.

Interview

Fairly informal - the key is to speak to the Head of the continent first. After that, speak to important stakeholders like Head M&A, HEad Capital Mkts, Head Coverage BUT NOT HR. HR knows very little.

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

I got interviewed by a total of 7 people from. 4 from trading and 2 from sales and 1 from middle office. i was introduced by an ex-colleague working for the trading team. I knew the head of the desk as well from a previous job.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Largely behavioral, 2-3 rounds followed by a short case. They also check your resume and asks questions on key projects done in the past. Overall not tough more conversational. Suggest however that you know your concepts well

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, just the general questions - if you had to launch a new product which market would u select   1 Answer

International Graduate Transaction Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Resume Screening
    Online Personality Test
    Online Logical Reasoning Test
    Online Numerical Reasoning Test
    Video Interview
    In Office Interview with HR
    Final Round Interview with MDs

Waiting at least a week after every round. Whole process took a while.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us?
      Why do you want to work here?
      What is transaction banking?
      What does our brand promise mean to you?
      How is your experience relevant?

Nothing very technical   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

IG Interview

Interview

Got contact through email about the video interview after taking online aptitude test. It took only less than 7 days before I get contact from them for the video invitation. So after it is 7 days, you'd better to contact them for further inquiry.

Interview Questions

• Everything was about behavioral questions so nothing unexpected. But only 30 secs to prepare for 1:30 answer chance so better to be prepared before starting   Answer Question