Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jan 3, 2018

International Graduate Transaction Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Resume Screening
    Online Personality Test
    Online Logical Reasoning Test
    Online Numerical Reasoning Test
    Video Interview
    In Office Interview with HR
    Final Round Interview with MDs

Waiting at least a week after every round. Whole process took a while.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us?
      Why do you want to work here?
      What is transaction banking?
      What does our brand promise mean to you?
      How is your experience relevant?

Nothing very technical   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

IG Interview

Interview

Got contact through email about the video interview after taking online aptitude test. It took only less than 7 days before I get contact from them for the video invitation. So after it is 7 days, you'd better to contact them for further inquiry.

Interview Questions

• Everything was about behavioral questions so nothing unexpected. But only 30 secs to prepare for 1:30 answer chance so better to be prepared before starting   Answer Question

Risk Management, Financial Market Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied through their website, the HRs are really nice and helpful with my interested division. You can also get their advise about the details of the position. There were 2 HRs helping me. You can even choose a different target. feel free to ask questions and require a specific job description.
    P.S. When applying, you have to pass an online test.

Interview Questions

• The financial market one is all about behavior questions. You need to prepare specific details about all the stuffs on you resume. Just check the behavior questions pool.
      The risk management one focused on the prerequisite skills like excel VBA. The case analysis is rather hard for me.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

we interviewed within a small team, and were asked to design a metro card system.

Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Mostly Behavioral questions. One technical question about how I keep up with the market. Pretty Easy.I would make sure that you know about the company as much as possible. Make sure that you show lots of interest in the company.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Was called in for an interview a day after applying on the company's website. It took 4 interviews in one day and 1 interview a few days later. No difficult questions - two of the interviewers seemed not experienced enough in either interview process or specific position i was applying to. Overall, it was pleasant and relaxed.

Negotiation

No negotiations. Offer was "take it or leave it".

FX Derivatives Trader Interview

Interview

Phone interviews with all the people in the team, it was about 5 people

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

It was relatively straightforward. I was asked about my background, current market, understanding about my positions and what I anticipate in doing, how much I know about it etc. The manager was very friendly and knowledgable and I learned about the job a lot during the interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in China, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (China, IN) in June 2013.

Interview

behavioral question conversational talk, location preference, salary information. we also discussed hlw sc is in china, etc. not very interesting conversation. a bit boring than i expected. behavioral question conversational talk, location preference, salary information. we also discussed hlw sc is in china, etc. not very interesting conversation. a bit boring than i expected. behavioral question conversational talk, location preference, salary information. we also discussed hlw sc is in china, etc. not very interesting conversation. a bit boring than i expected.

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South China, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (South China, ME) in April 2013.

Interview

first, I was interviewed by a team leader. She just asked me some very basic questions. Then I was interviewed by the department head. She asked questions as follows: why do you choose Standard Chartered? what is your career path? Do you have any banking operation experience? Lastly, I was interviewed by regional CFO. It was a group interview.