Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2017

International Graduate Program - Financial Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I heard about the program through on campus recruiting, where SC came to make a presentation about the various divisions in their graduate program. I was directed to apply through the website.

The first step of the application was to complete the Global Abstract Aptitude Test within 3 days of receiving the invitation. The test was a standard logic assessment test. The second test I was invited for was the Numerical Analysis Aptitude Test, which was a standard math competency based test which some finance concepts. The final test was the Wave Focus Styles online questionnaire which was more of an assessment of your working style and personality.

I was called in for a phone interview within a week of finalizing my application. The phone interview lasted over an hour and was centered mostly around 3 of my prior experiences. The interviewer asked 3 "tell me about a time" questions, which she later asked me to elaborate on. The questions really probed into each of my answers in order to extract all the details for the interviewer. The interview was not technical at all. I heard back from them the next day.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were too unexpected. However interviewer went into extreme depth with each question regarding a particular experience or situation.

Tell me about a time when you worked in a team and had to resolve differences in opinions. The experience I mentioned was over a year ago and I did not remember it quite as detailed as I would like. And so it was difficult to answer all the interviewer's followup questions precisely.   1 Answer

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Met the HR person. Two weeks later, met the line manager. Finally, met the team leader.
    Every interview lasted about 30 minutes. These people looked nice and friendly. Because I am not an American, they specifically asked if I am authorized to work in USA.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why Standard Chartered Bank?
      Why should we hire you?
      What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Origination and Client Coverage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview lasted for half an hour asking about general question to get to know you more and behavioral question. Nothing technical was being asked.Interviewer was friendly and does not sound demanding.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in August 2010.

Interview

Usually a quick process, possibly 2-4 interviews. Questions are both behavioral and technical. Moderate difficulty. Once you are accepted the process is pretty quick, HR contacts you right away, makes an offer and tries to close the deal.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you failed at a project, how did u tackle it?   Answer Question

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting firm by telephone. I interviewed with the hiring manager in the compliance group who seemed to think my background and skills fit her needs. I returned a couple weeks later to meet with three other members of compliance. I was asked point blank by the group head what my current base and bonus was, which I thought was a bit disconcerting. Ultimately, their budget for the position was too low for my requirements, which was communicated to me via the recruiting firm.

Interview Questions

• What is your current base and bonus?   1 Answer

Finance Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in October 2009.

Interview

They needed someone to join immediately, and I interviewed with the CEO and CFO. No HR interview really. I was hired about a week later.

Interview Questions

• They asked behavioral type questions because my education and professional skills were extremely good.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did not negotiate for salary.

Graduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

online test consist of math and critical reasoning, personality test and 2 essay questions. if shortlisted, there will be 4 interviews starting with HR, senior person, user (line manager), Managing Director. HR interview relatively easy, questions on yourself and what you know about company. MD asked questions to get an idea if you are a good fit for the bank and your future plans.

Interview Questions

• what would you be if other than banking?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no room for negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Abuja Nigeria (Nigeria)) in November 2017.

Interview

The process begins with an online application which is immediately followed by an invitation to Complete Strengths Assessment, then followed by two ability tests (Abstract and Numerical Tests); you have to pass one before you are invited to take the other. If you scale through these tests, then you will get an invitation to video interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. What does hard work mean to you?
      2. What motivates you to collaborate with others?
      3. Which latest university work or project are you most proud of?
      4. Was there any time you had to adapt your style of communication to a management staff?
      5. What is the biggest mistake you have ever made in the past and what did you learn from it?
      6. Is there something else you want us to know?
      There were 11 questions in all, these are the ones I can remember.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Jakarta (Indonesia)).

Interview

It took about 4 months. First was Online Assessment, Video Interview, and HR Interview. Then you might also have Business Interview as well. There are several documents you need to complete and the background screening was pretty time consuming. In the end the HR staff was really helpful and will get anything fast responded

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Multiple interviews by interviewers from multiple departments. In general the interviewers are professional, and polite. Coordination within the organization (HR, interviewer, on interview timing, meeting venue (outside office), meeting room booking arrangement (in the office), and candidate's expectation) could be better, hence better use of everyone's time.