Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

Divided into several stages. When you pass one stage you'll be sent an invite for the next process.

1. Personality Test
    2. Logical Reasoning
    3. Numerical Reasoning
    4. Online Video Interview
    5. Skype Interview with HR

Standard logical and numerical tests both of which are timed. 1 minute to prep and 3 minutes to answer the video interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you overcame adversity.
      How would you analyse a large amount of data?

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

I have got a phone call. We very briefly talked about my last experience. Then we went through technical questions. I found them difficult when compared to other interviews I went through.

Interview Questions

• -HashMap Vs. ConcurrentHashMap Vs. SynchronizedMap
      -hashcode vs equals in java
      -hashcode rule with jpa
      -oracle cluster index vs non-cluster index
      -plsql equals null vs is null (careful here, when interviewer says orally "equals" he means "=")
      -complete spring container lifecycle
      -scrum: chicken & pig story

Wealth Management Interview

Interview

Application first, followed by personality test, then logical and numerical test, both takes 15 minutes each. Presents you with report after you finish the last two tests which is pretty helpful. Am waiting for video interview! You have 5 days to complete each tests in order to keep your application processing.

Branch Service and Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

I was interviewed by the branch manager. The standard questions will be asked like "Why retail banking?" and "Sell me a pen.". Not a harsh interview but quite forceful in certain questions.

Interview Questions

• There are many different types of retail jobs, why retail banking and why choose Standard Chartered for the job?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I was required to complete and pass numerous online tests such as personality test and numerical test before getting to the video interview stage. The video interview was mainly competency based.

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty efficient. The first stage of the interview was a strengths assessment , then followed by a verbal reasoning test and then a numerical reasoning test, video interview, telephone interview with HR and then the last stage of the interview with the MDs.

Interview Questions

• E.g of video interview questions; what does excellent customer service mean to you etc.   1 Answer

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Nairobi (Kenya)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the program online but didn't go beyond personal strength assessment.Well,I found it helpful that they email back telling you the strengths they discovered and areas of potential you need to improve on.I hope to be able to get more interviews based on the responses

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were to meet up with a client to sell a given product and unfortunately the manager doesn't know show up yet you have no information about the product.What would you do?   Answer Question

Associate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

Round 1: Strengths Assessment (Questionnaire about how you would react in diff situations)
    Round 2: Psychometric Tests (Logical thinking and Numeric Reasoning) done on Talent Q -Make sure you practice first!!
    Round 3: Video Interview (12 standard HR/Behavioural questions) 30s to prepare and 1.5mins for each answer
    There shd be 1 or 2 more rounds, but im not sure yet as i'm waiting for results after the video interview

Interview Questions

• A mistake you made and how you recovered from it   Answer Question
    • Who would you get help from on your first month in the job   Answer Question
    • A failure you went through and how you got through it   Answer Question
    • Why Std Charted, Why are you interested in the role   Answer Question
    • How would you respond to someone who comes to you for advice on an impt decision   Answer Question

Branch Sales and Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

Was referred by a relative to the HR. HR lady first conducted a phone interview to assess suitability. After being shortlisted for that, called down to have an interview with branch manager. If branch manager shortlists you, there will be a second and final round of interview with HR to assess you again. Thereafter,about 5 working days before they contact you regarding offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. tell me about a success story in your life
      2. what type of products do we offer

Retail Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in February 2017.

Interview

The SST (Strengths and Superpower Test) are very helpful. The company will sent you an email about your strengths from the test, which you could use to know more about your strengths. The recruitment team are also very responsives and helpful, they are really commited to give the applicant information regarding their recruitment process

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are part of a new team abroad, and have an opportunity to join a party at that area?   Answer Question