Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

IG Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Seoul (South Korea)) in January 2017.

Interview

It took about 10 days and I applied for Standard Chartered International Graduate Program in Seoul, Korea. I had three tests - strengths assessment, abstract reasoning test, and numerical reasoning test. You have to take each test within 5 days. For strengths assessment, you get a result showing your strengths and weakness. For other tests, you get an e-mail with you results immediately after the test - whethere you have done a good job compared to other applicants. The tests are not very hard. If you pass the tests, you take the video interview.

IG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Seoul (South Korea)) in January 2017.

Interview

I passed through strengths, logical, and numerical reasoning tests.
    all the tests weren't too hard.
    numerical reasoning test can be tricky.
    Took video interview. there were eleven questions I had to record.
    but didn't pass it.

Interview Questions

• tell us about the project or piece of work fromo university that you are most proud of   Answer Question

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Accra (Ghana)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Accra (Ghana)) in January 2017.

Interview

I did a strength based assessment test. Response came immediately after the assessment. I then did a logical and numerical reasoning which I also got response to immediately. I have now gotten to the stage of a video interview and awaiting a response.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very subtle, with a major focus on testing my behavior. I had to arrive at SCB's headquarters at about noon, and after only a short waiting period the interview commenced. Only the head of HR was present for this interview.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in December 2016.

Interview

personal data and details of previous employementthe interviewer was very not there, uninterested, made up mind unprofessional unconcerned not motivated. the process was very bad wished i didnt, waste of time.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

The online interview has comprises of 11 strength based questions, like how do you value teamwork, what are your strengths. The last question is "what else would you like us to know" and sort of caught me off guard initially.

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I had three separate interviews. Regarding content I thought the interviews went well - certainly they would not have invited me back for the 2nd and 3rd interviews had they not. However, two issues arose. Firstly, my being an immigrant was oddly highlighted during one of the interviews. This was uncomfortable, as it was not relevant in any way to the job I was interviewing for - e.g. I was not being asked to confirm my right to work in the UK. Secondly, I was told that once all candidates had been seen, they would revert to me. I never heard anything more. I did try and follow up, but to no avail. After three interviews without the professional courtesy of being advised of their decision, I can only assume that my immigrant status was a contributing factor - they have certainly given me a very wide berth since. Overall, I would say this experience was negative.

Financial AnalystSouth Africa Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in December 2016.

Interview

First step is to send CV and Cover Letter. Then ther is an online assesment ( shl). After i've been asked to do an interview online with 10 questions and 1,5 minutes and half to answer.

Interview Questions

• You are just arrived in a new team, who are you going to talk with and why   Answer Question

Market Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in December 2016.

Interview

It is a video interview and you will get 10 questions in total with minutes before to prepare for each question. Better to prepare before interview and also it is hard to be yourself in the face of a camera. Try to use the practice to be familiar to that.

International Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

Online application- Strengths assessment - logical reasoning - numerical reasoning - video interview - HR interview

Tests are straightforward. Instant feedback on your progress until video interview stage. An example of video interview question: "It is the first day at work. Who would you seek for advice and how"

For the HR interview, I guess it was a very realistic one. I expected motivational, behavioral, CV based questions but the first thing they said was "other candidates have numerous banking experience but you only have 1". Typical questions such as "tell me a time" ones or "why us/division" was never asked.
    They Don't give you much room to explain your other experiences or anything else rather than things that were directly related to banking or finance.

I'm sure it depends on the interviewer/position/country but from my experience, I don't think you can have a decent conversational interview unless you have a finance related major with 2 or more previous internship at a bank.

Interview Questions

• If I called the company you interned and talked to your manager what would they say about you   Answer Question