Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions in Singapore, Singapore | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 24, 2017

86 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2017.

Interview

Technical Discussion with Java Architect and it was a complete in depth java questions from data structure to core java concepts. I find it to be the toughest interviews i have ever given though i have cleared other reputed bank twice and went on to work with those banks.

Interview Questions

• File stream,Upload/download concepts ,data structures in-depth questions   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Multiple interviews by interviewers from multiple departments. In general the interviewers are professional, and polite. Coordination within the organization (HR, interviewer, on interview timing, meeting venue (outside office), meeting room booking arrangement (in the office), and candidate's expectation) could be better, hence better use of everyone's time.

International Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, after which I successfully completed the situational judgement, numerical & logical tests, after which I was invited to a video interview. It had at least 10 questions, but they were all competency based. It was overall a smooth process.

Transaction Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

There were like 6 rounds of interviews/assessments, and it was all pretty tough. You go through 3 assessments, and only get an invitation to move on to the next round if you pass. After three rounds of assessments, you have a recorded video interview, an interview with HR, and then two interviews with hiring/department manager.

The process was pretty alright until the last round where I talked to the department manager. She was really unfriendly, wasn't interested in listening to you talk. It's an interview so I would assume that 1. talking goes both ways 2. the interviewer would have enough respect for the interviewee to not cut him off everytime he's halfway though a sentence. I thought she was really rude and surely I would not want to work under her so halfway through the interview I started losing interest but still made sure to answer her questions..

Associate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2017.

Interview

After you applied, there will be a online personality test, followed by a logic test, math test, video interview and then face to face interview. I have only just completed my face to face interview so I am not sure what's after that.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2017.

Interview

started off with personality test after which they give you a full diagnosis and breakdown of your personality type. Followed by a Logical & numerical reasoning test and lastly video interview to wrap it up.

Trust Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was about 30 to 45 mins, and there are 2 interviewers. They are nice and friendly, but at the same time they are very professional. They knew what they are looking for, the criteria, the expectation they had. Also they are clear and honest in what the candidate are to be expect in their working environment

Interview Questions

• You have been a contract for 2 years in your current company, and what and why is the reason that they have not offered you a permanent role?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews in total. 1st round with peers, where they asked technical questions; 2nd and 3rd rounds with MDs where they were focused on intrinsic values and attributes of the candidate, this took form of casual chats.

Overall, it was a positive experience; however, there were inconsistency on the terms discussed from start of the interviewing process to the offers. The role moved from 12 months (rolling contract) to 6 months (rolling contract).

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

I have got a phone call. We very briefly talked about my last experience. Then we went through technical questions. I found them difficult when compared to other interviews I went through.

Interview Questions

• -HashMap Vs. ConcurrentHashMap Vs. SynchronizedMap
      -hashcode vs equals in java
      -hashcode rule with jpa
      -oracle cluster index vs non-cluster index
      -plsql equals null vs is null (careful here, when interviewer says orally "equals" he means "=")
      -complete spring container lifecycle
      -scrum: chicken & pig story   Answer Question

Branch Service and Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

I was interviewed by the branch manager. The standard questions will be asked like "Why retail banking?" and "Sell me a pen.". Not a harsh interview but quite forceful in certain questions.

Interview Questions

• There are many different types of retail jobs, why retail banking and why choose Standard Chartered for the job?   Answer Question