Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions in Singapore, Singapore | Glassdoor

Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions in Singapore, Singapore

Updated May 12, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

I have got a phone call. We very briefly talked about my last experience. Then we went through technical questions. I found them difficult when compared to other interviews I went through.

Interview Questions

• -HashMap Vs. ConcurrentHashMap Vs. SynchronizedMap
      -hashcode vs equals in java
      -hashcode rule with jpa
      -oracle cluster index vs non-cluster index
      -plsql equals null vs is null (careful here, when interviewer says orally "equals" he means "=")
      -complete spring container lifecycle
      -scrum: chicken & pig story

Branch Service and Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

I was interviewed by the branch manager. The standard questions will be asked like "Why retail banking?" and "Sell me a pen.". Not a harsh interview but quite forceful in certain questions.

Interview Questions

• There are many different types of retail jobs, why retail banking and why choose Standard Chartered for the job?   Answer Question

Associate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

Round 1: Strengths Assessment (Questionnaire about how you would react in diff situations)
    Round 2: Psychometric Tests (Logical thinking and Numeric Reasoning) done on Talent Q -Make sure you practice first!!
    Round 3: Video Interview (12 standard HR/Behavioural questions) 30s to prepare and 1.5mins for each answer
    There shd be 1 or 2 more rounds, but im not sure yet as i'm waiting for results after the video interview

Interview Questions

• A mistake you made and how you recovered from it   Answer Question
    • Who would you get help from on your first month in the job   Answer Question
    • A failure you went through and how you got through it   Answer Question
    • Why Std Charted, Why are you interested in the role   Answer Question
    • How would you respond to someone who comes to you for advice on an impt decision   Answer Question

Branch Sales and Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

Was referred by a relative to the HR. HR lady first conducted a phone interview to assess suitability. After being shortlisted for that, called down to have an interview with branch manager. If branch manager shortlists you, there will be a second and final round of interview with HR to assess you again. Thereafter,about 5 working days before they contact you regarding offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. tell me about a success story in your life
      2. what type of products do we offer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

The online interview has comprises of 11 strength based questions, like how do you value teamwork, what are your strengths. The last question is "what else would you like us to know" and sort of caught me off guard initially.

SME Business Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

The process was fast and easy. I guess is because the role that i applied for was a sales hunter position so they just need someone who can articulate well and looking presentable. But true enough, I find foreign banks have good looking employees and local banks have all the studious employees.

International Graduate Interview

Application

Interview

Dropped out of assessment stage for the assessment of logical and numerical reasoning. Personality traits such as learning and initiativity is crucial to them. No avoiding of how you would perform. Numerical reasoning questions varies from calculating percentages and differences is value and scale. Questions are timed in under 2 minutes per question.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Generally 2 rounds of Interview
    Quick and Usually Immediate decision
    Focus more towards your Knowledge, Presentation, Stability and background
    Whenever appearing for an interview be ready with some scenario based question rather than just career history
    They usually prefer who can give long term commitment

Interview Questions

• Why you want to Join us ?
      Why you think you are good candidate for this role

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was with the hiring manager (telephonic discussion) - this was very technical and detailed. This lasted for an hour. It was followed by two additional technical interviews with the team - 30 mins each. Finally concluded the process with HR interview. Received the offer in 2 weeks after the HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Core Java, Design Patterns, Agile methodologies, Java Multi-threading, Java middleware technologies   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

1. Submitted application online
    2. Took a numerical and logic test
    3. Video Interview - 10 questions, strength based, 1.5 min to answer the question, usual type of questions
    Currently at the video interview stage, awaiting outcome now
    Response was relatively quick, a few days between each stage