Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions in Singapore | Glassdoor

Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions in Singapore

Updated Feb 16, 2017

Branch Service and Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

I was interviewed by the branch manager. The standard questions will be asked like "Why retail banking?" and "Sell me a pen.". Not a harsh interview but quite forceful in certain questions.

Interview Questions

• There are many different types of retail jobs, why retail banking and why choose Standard Chartered for the job?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I was required to complete and pass numerous online tests such as personality test and numerical test before getting to the video interview stage. The video interview was mainly competency based.

Associate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

Round 1: Strengths Assessment (Questionnaire about how you would react in diff situations)
    Round 2: Psychometric Tests (Logical thinking and Numeric Reasoning) done on Talent Q -Make sure you practice first!!
    Round 3: Video Interview (12 standard HR/Behavioural questions) 30s to prepare and 1.5mins for each answer
    There shd be 1 or 2 more rounds, but im not sure yet as i'm waiting for results after the video interview

Interview Questions

• A mistake you made and how you recovered from it   Answer Question
    • Who would you get help from on your first month in the job   Answer Question
    • A failure you went through and how you got through it   Answer Question
    • Why Std Charted, Why are you interested in the role   Answer Question
    • How would you respond to someone who comes to you for advice on an impt decision   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

The online interview has comprises of 11 strength based questions, like how do you value teamwork, what are your strengths. The last question is "what else would you like us to know" and sort of caught me off guard initially.

SME Business Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

The process was fast and easy. I guess is because the role that i applied for was a sales hunter position so they just need someone who can articulate well and looking presentable. But true enough, I find foreign banks have good looking employees and local banks have all the studious employees.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

It was a very quick process. First the Behavioural followed by the numerical test. You get to know whether you can proceed very soon after you've completed the tests. After you pass those, it will be the video interview.

International Graduate Interview

Application

Interview

Dropped out of assessment stage for the assessment of logical and numerical reasoning. Personality traits such as learning and initiativity is crucial to them. No avoiding of how you would perform. Numerical reasoning questions varies from calculating percentages and differences is value and scale. Questions are timed in under 2 minutes per question.

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

- questions on past experience
     - understand your personality
     - direct manager and reporting manager will be in the room
     - approval process of interview is pretty immediate due to urgent need of hire. received email confirmation the next day
     - overall - pleasant process

Interview Questions

• - past experience of digital marketing
       - additional roles to contribute
       - ok to do other roles out of scope when required - finance management/generic marcoms/etc
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Generally 2 rounds of Interview
    Quick and Usually Immediate decision
    Focus more towards your Knowledge, Presentation, Stability and background
    Whenever appearing for an interview be ready with some scenario based question rather than just career history
    They usually prefer who can give long term commitment

Interview Questions

• Why you want to Join us ?
      Why you think you are good candidate for this role
      Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was with the hiring manager (telephonic discussion) - this was very technical and detailed. This lasted for an hour. It was followed by two additional technical interviews with the team - 30 mins each. Finally concluded the process with HR interview. Received the offer in 2 weeks after the HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Core Java, Design Patterns, Agile methodologies, Java Multi-threading, Java middleware technologies   Answer Question