Standard Chartered Global Business Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Standard Chartered Global Business Services Interview Questions

Interviews at Standard Chartered Global Business Services

2.8

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Global Business Services in January 2017.

Interview

Group discussion on a situation followed by interview on work experience. Panelists were patient enough to hear out the answers . They had specific questions which they asked everybody. Questions were very easy and they didn't want to test financial knowledge

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Global Business Services.

Interview

Face to face interviews depending on the role you apply for .
    There might be some online assessments for beginners testing their analytical skills, communications, vocabulary
    The process is very simple and straight forward.

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Global Business Services (Chennai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Case based group discussion followed by 40 min PI.
    In GD a panel of 5 people were keeping a track on the performance, attitude and the body language.
    In the interview they started of with basic personnel info, had led to wrk-ex based question, current affairs and they asked if i feel that their is scope of improvement in my GD performance

Interview Questions

• Work experience based?
      Question were mainly on the basis of the current affairs and on current economic scenerio in India.?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their was no salary negotiation, as the salary struture was mentioned before recruitment.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Global Business Services (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2010.

Interview

The focus was more on process, than people. The interview was about for 10 minutes. I guess they wanted to fill in the job vacancy immediately. I am not sure how it is now since I was interviewed in 2010.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated on Salary. They were not ready to pay me, but later they agreed to my request.

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Global Business Services (Chennai (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

Came to know about this opening through a consultancy. the whole process was amazingly quick and smooth. 1st round of interview was on a Wednesday [Face to face]. Second round was telephonic on the same friday. Got shortlisted. Negotiation on the subsequent monday and tuesday and the offer was released on wednesday. i confirmed the offer on friday.

Interview Questions

• When there are so many companies out there, what is one reason close to ur heart for you to select this role in scope.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Typical Negotiation, got an additional 10% hike after negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Global Business Services (Chennai (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

2 technical round N finally HR discussion. There is an excel test to check ur understanding of conditional formulas however I was working in Delhi so that was eliminated for me

Interview Questions

• Did u ever done a project and how much saving have u given to co   Answer Question

Negotiation

If u r in the budget then u may get 100% hike as well. Just tell HR how much u want and stay with ur amount. It's definitely not the place to compromise on salary, that's the only thing which they spend on

Associate Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Global Business Services (Chennai (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of technical and one round of HR. Technical discussions were around the experience in project management, vendor management, handling teams in different geo locations, working in matrix environment, scope/time/cost management.

HR was focused only in salary negotiation, besides explaining the benefits etc.

Glassdoor was very useful in preparing for interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you ensure the project will be deliverd on time and on budget.   Answer Question
    • How do you manage a stakeholder who is not co-operating   Answer Question
    • What to do if the team is lagging behind schedule and you suddenly come to know you wont meet te deadline   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Global Business Services (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in January 2016.

Interview

1) Online Technical test (Coe Java, Hib, Spring, JMS, JUNIT, Web Services)
    2) Online Test on Business English
    3) Face to Face - Technical
    4) Telephonic - Technical

The Interviewer was good. and he Analysing the candidate capabilities

I think we can get an Opportunity to work on all tech on Banking Domain

Interview Questions

• Face to Face : They will ask you about technologies you used in your profile and why you choose those

Query Tuning

How you do System loadtesting   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Global Business Services (New Delhi (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

Campus interview
    They provide a presentation , showing the mighty Standard Chartered bank.
    Starting with its history and significance to its geographical vastness in 42 countries.

They will also share the work style and the culture over there .

1) Apptitude - Easy
    2) GD - Average (Finance)
    3) Technical round - Average (Java basics and questions from projects / DBMS is must)
    4) HR - Formality

Interview Questions

• Willing to relocate to chennai   1 Answer

KYC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Global Business Services (Chennai (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was quite is easier very ground level questions like, what is KYC, sanctions and PEP..... So it is easy to crack if you are applying for entry level in scb.