Standard Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.8

Credit Analyst- High Yield Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard Life (Boston, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

Overall seemed like a fairly bright team however they were preoccupied with extracting information about how much money I made, even after I explained as a matter of principle, I didn't disclose that information. This was off-putting.

Great office in downtown Boston on one of the top floors of the tower on Beacon St.

I passed on going back for the second round as I didn't connect with the culture of the group. The second round would have required a specific (full model) company analysis and presentation to the group, which should be expected for this type of role.

Interview Questions

• How do you look at analyzing a company?
      What's a company and trade you like and why?
      What was your biggest investing mistake and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Life (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2017.

Interview

I have applied online for the job. Next day they have contacted me to arrange an interview date and time. The interview was competency based. Questions centred around planning, customer at the heart, communication and team work. Firstly we gone through CV (current position description, responsibilities, experience, etc). Then we moved to the above questions and at the end there was a short written exercise, where I had to reply to the given email. Interview took approx 1 hour. Professional approach, good place, nice people. I haven't got any offer yet, awaiting for the interview result.

Interview Questions

• How do I prioritize my work? How do I deliver a hard message? What is my greatest achievement? What attracts me in their position?   Answer Question

Global Client Services Team Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Life in May 2017.

Interview

Initial telephone interview - typical team manager questions - example of developing a team member and dealing with an under performing team member. Asked what do you know about standard life A LOT - be prepared.
    Face to face interview - lots of competency based questions along the same lines, examples of when you have done things within team.
    At face to face interview also did a role play. This was an example of a coaching conversation with a team member using information from stats (graph and table) and a conversation with manager prior to the coaching conversation.
    Just have lot of examples of dealings with team ready.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you have dealt with an under performing team member.   Answer Question

Customer Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Standard Life (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

For telephone interview it was around a 30-40 minute talk. First 10 minutes they discussed the role, asked what salary you expected and when you could start work. Next there was around 5 competency based questions. Interviewer was very conversational and nice so the process felt relaxed. Passsd the telephone interview but not yet had the 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you turned a negative situation into a positive one.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to deal with an angry customer. How did you handle this and would you have done anything differently looking back?   Answer Question

Graduate Human Resources Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Life in October 2016.

Interview

Up to the telephone interview was a fairly quick process, completed the aptitude tests on the monday, was invited for interview on the tuesday. Approximately 30 minutes interview over the phone.Still waiting to hear back about whether I've got through or not, but I did apply 3 weeks before the role closed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Standard Life (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

applied online on the sunday, notified for a phone interview on the Monday about lunchtime, scheduled the phone interview for the Thursday and on the Friday I learnt that I had a second interview. the face to face interview there were two people in the room with me, one asking questions and one scribing for them. they ask some of the same questions that they asked in the phone interview (give different examples) then a role play excercise to see how you would react to a customer who has a problem. mine was that they had been charged a premium of £150 a month instead of £100 a month, don't look into the small detail, just focus on getting that refunded ASAP and apologise for the problem.

Interview Questions

• telephone interview: describe a time when you delivered excellent customer service? (also asked in second interview so think up a couple of examples)   Answer Question
    • telephone interview: describe a time you worked as part of a team? followed up with what part did you play in the team and how did this help   Answer Question
    • second interview: describe a time that you recieved praise from a customer? followed by how did this make you feel   Answer Question

Customer Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Life (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Arrived, smart office and the reception staff were friendly waited shortly until i was taken into the interview room and interviewed by 2 members of staff. They really try to calm you down, i was edging out of my seat and they could tell i was up beat. So just try to go in really calm, show you are keen, and you will be fine.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Standard Life.

Interview

Assessment centre and interview. The welcoming and positive nature of the company exists past the interview and was a great place to work. Be yourself, be positive and enthusiastic in the interview and you'll do well.

Interview Questions

• Your degree is nothing like the role you have applied for - why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Standard Life (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

I have applied online and next day got a call to arrange a telephone interview, next day the lady called. It was very nice experience. More like a chat than an interview. First she explained what the role is about, what I will do if I get the job. Very calming part.
    Then questions. She said I will get an email within next few days if I was successful and if so I will have to come to assessment centre for second round.
    Unfortunately I was unsuccessful

Interview Questions

• why standard life? why this position? what do you know about Standard Life? tell me when you provided excellent customer service? (that's what I remember, there was more)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Life (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

There was a phone call with competency questions.
    Was called and invited to an interview. Had more competency questions and discussed CV. Had a written test where I had to 'introduce myself to other members of staff', e.g. what hobbies I have, what I can bring to company. Were very friendly. One manager interviewing and one person as a scribe.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer