Standard Register Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Standard Register Interview Questions

2.5

Inventory Control Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grove City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Register (Grove City, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

I felt very comfortable in the interview process and the hiring manager was easy to talk to. Never felt uncomfortable. I had an opportunity to walk around the warehouse and meet a couple of the employees. Warehouse was very clean as well.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about your background in inventory management?   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard Register.

Interview

Felt the interview was positive. The 2 people I interviewed with seemed open to my questions and answers. Also took a test with the duration of a proximate 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for them.   1 Answer

Print Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Standard Register (Monroe, NC).

Interview

Interview was sort of strange, bad when the person giving the interview didn't seem to want to do it and rarely made eye contact.supervisor neighbor told me about the job.

Preparatory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tolland, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Standard Register (Tolland, CT).

Interview

Interview occurred after 3 month temp service. Interview was a review of service performed and answering a few questions for full time employment. I felt the pay they were offering did not compensate for my experience. But the temp time of 3 months counted as meeting health insurance qualifications, so health benefits started upon being hired full time.

Interview Questions

• The questions mostly had to deal with 3 month performance, things they liked, things they'd like to see improvement with, and human resource topics for new hire.   1 Answer

SQL Server Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Register in March 2015.

Interview

There were two involved phone interviews with two different managers. They each had a different point of view on the print production processes as well as the databases involved, which gave me a better view of the entire process. However, each manager had a silo point of view and did not understand the other's area.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Register (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Very lengthy. It started with a phone interview, then an in-person interview with the hiring manager. After that there were several rounds of interviews on separate days with various employees in the department.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Interested in learning more about my background. They provided a lot of information about position and the company.   Answer Question

Client Care Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Standard Register (Dayton, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I had an interview with two people which went very well. They seemed to ask good questions and I felt good about the experience. I did get to have a mini tour of the area which was fairly spread out, clean and seemed to be divided into teams. A couple of days later I was contacted and asked if I would like to "sit" for an afternoon with the team that I would be working in and see how the job is actually done. I agreed and did have a very eye-opening experience. If was very positive and the people were open and friendly. I was concerned because they work out of 7 different systems and one of them is in DOS! The customer base is setup throughout these systems with really no way of knowing exactly which system they are in until you get familiar with your accounts. The staff seemed to be very busy throughout the day and very knowledgeable. I learned that while some departments within the company receive yearly raises, this particular department had not had one in a couple of years. I also learned that the company as a whole halted their contribution match for 401K. I still was interested although this gave me a red flag as I really felt as if the company was not valuing their employees. A couple of days later the manager contacted me and said that he wanted to offer me a position but that I needed to send him a copy of my pay stub from my current position in another company. I asked why as I felt this was inappropriate. He told me that because I was on the high end of the pay scale he needed to prove to HR what I was making. At that point I advised that I felt uncomfortable with this and because I felt it bordered unethical, I was going to take my name off the table.

Explained above.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Register (Dayton, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

Very friendly, open, and cordial at first. Implied they wanted to consider me for another higher level HR role. How could I refuse even though I was not interested in that position. Continued interviewing with directors and other HR Business Partners. At times the interviews with eight HR people in total became redundant and made me wonder about the company, eg. "have trouble finding people, have retention issues, integration with WorkflowOne taking longer than expected, not an impossibility though, need someone to cover our backs, someone couragerous and strong, we are wary, just in one day hired 5 people and 5 people quit". Then director wanted to speak with me about how the interviews went with her team. I kept calling her back but only to be put into voicemail even though I left times I would be calling her. Finally, did receive call back--"no longer interested in you, liked you personally but taking a different path with position. Good luck, bye". This is typical HR speak to minimize Legal risk and politely get lost. So, interview process went from friendly and very interested to harsh, cold and abrupt. Now I know why Standard is having hiring, selection, and retention problems, not to mention integration issuses.

Interview Questions

• How have you managed hiring and retention issues in the past?   1 Answer

Press Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelbyville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Register (Shelbyville, IN) in June 2014.

Interview

I was quickly contacted about an interview, and was scheduled to come in right away. The hiring process took about a week total, and I started work within two weeks of applying. The interview was relatively relaxed, and there wasn't pressure to answer the questions correctly. The main focus of the company's interview was to see if you would be fit for the job and the expectations in regard to quality.

Interview Questions

• All of our orders have a very low tolerance for error. We take tremendous pride in our quality and timeliness. Is this something you think you could maintain?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Standard Register (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Came through a temporary agency. No official hiring process

Negotiation

they would not negotiate.