Standard TV and Appliance Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Standard TV and Appliance

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Standard TV and Appliance (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through Glassdoor.com, scheduled an interview fairly quickly. Saw the company's samples to look over - had to search for the email because my server marked it as 'spam.' Interviewer was very negative about company, benefits and the environment as a whole. A skills review was optional. It was worded "if you have time, would you like to perform." Major printer issues within the office space. I walked out of the business and knew if they offered me the position, I would turn it down.

Standard TV and Appliance Response

Dec 23, 2016 – Web Administrator

Dear Past Applicant,

Thank you for taking the time to apply with us back in May 2016. If this had been brought to our attention seven months ago, we could have cleared up your concerns sooner... More

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Standard TV and Appliance (Portland, OR) in January 2011.

Interview

The entire interview process comprise of a formal interview process involving multiple upper managers. Each manager asked their own independant questions and make note for the next manager. At the end of all management interviews a meeting occur between them and they talk about the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why are you most qualified for this job?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard TV and Appliance (Portland, OR) in January 2009.

Interview

Usually there are two interviews. The first one with a store manager, the second with either the general manager or the HR dept or both. They used to be very picky but they have lowered the standards. They are hiring more people that would be happy with an hourly wage. There is very little in the way of training, even if they say they will train you. Usually the salesmen just help the new people out.

Negotiation

You cannot negotiate. The commission structure is what it is and they keep cutting it down.