Stanford Children's Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Children's Health in October 2018.

Interview

The application was submitted through a recruiter. An initial screening with the recruiter was followed by a phone interview with the hiring managers. The process from initial screening to offer took approximately two weeks.

Performance Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Children's Health (Stanford, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The different persons who interviewed were very kind and willing to answer any questions I had about the position. During the interview, they really took the time to get to know me, my goals and objectives, and how I would contribute to their organization.

Interview Questions

• What achievement are you proudest of, and how would this show us how you would contribute to our department?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Stanford Children's Health (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very long (over 6 months!) and very unorganized. I had a phone screening, an odd phone interview with the hiring manager on a weekend, followed by 4 in person interviews and a secondary application. I actually never heard back from the recruiter or hiring manager despite following up with them several times.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty general: tell us about your experience, what would you do as a manager here, etc.   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford Children's Health (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I was contacted to be interviewed for the position and they were shocked I agreed to come in and meet personally. The other candidates had a phone interview with the panel of Managers and Directors. The second interview was two different panel interviews with different staff members.

Interview Questions

• How do you micro-manage without micro-managing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation because the salary is set by HR. I let the hiring Manager know what my expectations were to tell HR.

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Children's Health.

Interview

The process took awhile but the Hiring managers and HR made it easier.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Children's Health (Stanford, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Interview with 3 other new grads and 5 panelists, questions asked one at a time, each interviewee is asked a different topic related to one subject area (ex. patient advocacy, teamwork, delegation/leadership, and evidence based research is very important to this institution)

Clinical Nurse Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Children's Health (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I did some of my student rotations here and knew the staff at the clinic and was asked to apply. I submitted my online application, including a resume, which included a lengthy personality questionnaire. Then I got a call from HR to set up an interview time. The panel interview was with the manager, person with the position behing hired for, and other interdisciplinary members. When I got the offer, I had to do a occupational health screening at their facility which included immunization review/administration, blood work, urine test, and physical. I also had to complete a background check.

E-learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Children's Health (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone screener with HR and hiring manager. In-person interview with HR and hiring manager that lasted 50min. The phone screener was very brief and asked about experience and interest in the company. The in-person interview was much more in-depth and they asked a variety of questions related to skills and experience. Also showed some of my work.

New Grad RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford Children's Health.

Interview

Panel interview alongside 3 other applicants and 4 people from management for a unit. Applicants were asked to introduce another applicant to the panel after observing 2 minutes of communication. Each applicant was asked four different questions. The questions varied in difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you were unable to provide evidence based care because of a patient's beliefs? What did you do and what was the end result?   Answer Question

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stanford Children's Health (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied during the open period in Feb, got a call in May and had an interview the end of May. It was a panel interview with 4 nurse managers, but also 3 other new graduates who are applying for the same unit as you. They have pre-printed questions that they ask each personal individually, and ask that you keep your answers to 3 minutes or under to give everyone time to speak. At the end each person gets a few minutes to ask questions to the panel.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us of a time when you implemented quality improvement on your unit?   Answer Question