Stanford Children's Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanford Children's Health Interview Questions

3.6

RN Residency Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Stanford Children's Health (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted via email for group interview. 1 hour long. Initial Interview with 4 managers and 4 new graduate RN. Each new grad asked different questions with similar topics (compassion/ time management/prioritization/ critical thinking etc). Each candidate asked a total of 4 questions. Contacted a few weeks later regarding candidacy status.

New Graduate Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford Children's Health in June 2016.

Interview

Panel interview. You will be interviewing along side with three other candidates. Total of eight people in the room. Two parts to the first interview. First part you will be given basic questions to ask your fellow candidate and report back to the panel. Second part, each panel person asks a question from a specific topic. You will take turns to answer different questions.

Patient Experience Navigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Children's Health (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Had Two 1:1 in person in interviews which were pretty typical questions and you learn more about the position.. then a panel interview with the whole team and they each go around asking a question off of a sheet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What do you hope to learn from this position? What is your understanding of this position?   Answer Question

E-learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Children's Health (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone screener with HR and hiring manager. In-person interview with HR and hiring manager that lasted 50min. The phone screener was very brief and asked about experience and interest in the company. The in-person interview was much more in-depth and they asked a variety of questions related to skills and experience. Also showed some of my work.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Stanford Children's Health (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very long (over 6 months!) and very unorganized. I had a phone screening, an odd phone interview with the hiring manager on a weekend, followed by 4 in person interviews and a secondary application. I actually never heard back from the recruiter or hiring manager despite following up with them several times.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty general: tell us about your experience, what would you do as a manager here, etc.   Answer Question

Versant New Grad Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stanford Children's Health (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

They held panel interviews of 8 interviewers to 4 candidates. They were very friendly when we walked in the room and kept it light and funny. However, it seems like some of them have more say than others. Also, looking around the room (and the units), there seems to be more people of Caucasian descent than any others. There was some Latino/Hispanic employees, but hardly any Asians, and I don't think I saw any African Americans. I know they aren't allowed to discriminate, but I have to say I definitely felt discouraged. Lo and behold, I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were on a team and things didn't go well.   Answer Question

Clinical Nurse Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Children's Health (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I did some of my student rotations here and knew the staff at the clinic and was asked to apply. I submitted my online application, including a resume, which included a lengthy personality questionnaire. Then I got a call from HR to set up an interview time. The panel interview was with the manager, person with the position behing hired for, and other interdisciplinary members. When I got the offer, I had to do a occupational health screening at their facility which included immunization review/administration, blood work, urine test, and physical. I also had to complete a background check.

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Children's Health.

Interview

The process took awhile but the Hiring managers and HR made it easier.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford Children's Health (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I was contacted to be interviewed for the position and they were shocked I agreed to come in and meet personally. The other candidates had a phone interview with the panel of Managers and Directors. The second interview was two different panel interviews with different staff members.

Interview Questions

• How do you micro-manage without micro-managing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation because the salary is set by HR. I let the hiring Manager know what my expectations were to tell HR.

Performance Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Children's Health (Stanford, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The different persons who interviewed were very kind and willing to answer any questions I had about the position. During the interview, they really took the time to get to know me, my goals and objectives, and how I would contribute to their organization.

Interview Questions

• What achievement are you proudest of, and how would this show us how you would contribute to our department?   Answer Question