Stanford Health Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanford Health Care Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.9

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care.

Interview

There were two phone interviews, one brief one with HR and then an extended one hour phone call with the unit manager. Following this, I interviewed almost two hours in person with the manager, two assistant managers, and a floor nurse. The standard interview questions are tiring and laborious. To prepare, think of specific events that you can use to tell about your RN experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you went above and beyond for a patient or family member.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care.

Interview

Stanford Healthcare has a great reputation so I applied to a few openings and interviewed with a couple of teams. Coming from a med-tech industry, I was surprised to learn that there is no standardized interview protocol. For example, I wasn't given a job description and the one that I saw online was awfully vague. The interviewers weren't sure about the basic information that I asked about the new position. They didn't bother to introduce their roles at Stanford or keep an eye contact. Lastly, everyone that I met ( coordinator, office managers, managers, directors) are in their mid-50s. Being a young, foreign female in Silicon Valley, I felt a little out of place in this old white boys' club.

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

All interviews that I have done at Stanford have started with a phone interview, and then are followed up with an in-person interview. It was a very typical interview in terms of questions, but I was surprised about being interviewed by the whole team rather than just one person. It was intimidating at first, but then I felt it was to my benefit because I got to see what it would feel like to work as part of their team.

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process started with an HR phone interview in May 2017.
    After 2 months HR called to set up interview with a manager, followed by 2 more phone interviews and a final onsite interview.
    Total process total 4 months

If you ever get a call for onsite interview don’t pay for travel expenses from your pocket as I am afraid you will NOT be reimbursed.
    Followed up with HR 10 Times but Stanford Human Resources team are very unethical and unprofessional. 2 months and counting to get reimbursed

Clerical Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Livermore, CA).

Interview

The interview consisted of two people taking turns asking questions in a small room. One was the supervisor and the other was the manager. The overall interview was an hour long.

Interview Questions

• If the phone was ringing, a customer was in front of you, and your coworker is asking you for a favor, how would you handle this situation? How would you prioritize the situation at hand?   1 Answer

Assistant Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Brief, friendly, and not very talkative. My interviewer emailed me and set up an interview within the week. She was not very enthusiastic but was still professional.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care.

Interview

Filled with red flags from start to finish. Wouldn't talk salary initially and then low-balled me with the offer. Also asked to speak to three of my previous managers - which is against company policy. Only HR can confirm dates worked, salary, etc. And then also asked for past performance reviews. Past performance reviews contain private financial information from companies. They didn't want to accept this and my offer was rescinded. Feel like I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Just basic interview questions on the phone and then grilled in person.   1 Answer

RN Interview

Interview

Registered Nurse applying for a very competitive position in a densely populated area in healthcare. The process takes very long time. Response to an online application can take months.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Initial meeting was a group test. Followed by an in person panel interview. The interview took approximately 30 minutes on site with the Program Director and a member of the leadership staff. It was very professionally conducted and thorough. The interview was direct and to the point.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Stanford, CA).

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person interview with multiple managers a few weeks later. From there it took months for the recruiter to get back to me with an offer and the salary negotiations were like a root canal. My start date was a full month and a half after signing the offer letter due to their archaic recruiting, onboarding and payroll process.