Stanford Health Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanford Health Care Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2018

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care.

Interview

one on one back to back taking with the hiring manager and current position employees to understand more about current position and expectations. it is kind of casual and conversational. No case and nothing tough

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Through an agency. 2 phone interviews followed by an in-person. My skills, background and experience made me an ideal candidate.
    The passed on me and said I was culturally not a fit. Translation, I’m pretty sure, you’re too old. I was about 10 years older than those who interviewed me.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care.

Interview

Overall the interview process itself was fine. Had two phone interviews before I did an all day in person interview with the team. However, after the final interview, I would have appreciated to find out either way whether I got the position (even after following up multiple times, I was never given an answer either way) and it took me nearly two months to get reimbursed for my travel expenses. Because of those two things, it soured my perception of the interview process and organization.

Interview Questions

• How have you managed a difficult client or business partner?   Answer Question

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Met with a number of teams, and they used situational based interviewing (In X situation, what how did you handle it, what was the result, what would you have done differently" They could not schedule interview with all the people they wanted me to meet so I had about 6 to 8 hours of interviews over two days. After sending my thank you notes to all the people I had on my panels (3 of who were affiliates, to whom I sen the thank you notes to in c/o the HR office), I got one of the three back about a week after I sent it marked "Returned to Sender", and the other two arrived with "Return to Sender" written on the enveloped approximately 5 weeks after the panel interview. For a company that told me during the interview that collaboration across the enterprise and with affiliates was important, this told me that they do not practice what they say they want. I would not recommend their HR Department.

Interview Questions

• It has now been two months since the interview, the holidays have come and gone and the interview has passed. I don't remember what they asked, but nothing was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care.

Interview

There were two phone interviews, one brief one with HR and then an extended one hour phone call with the unit manager. Following this, I interviewed almost two hours in person with the manager, two assistant managers, and a floor nurse. The standard interview questions are tiring and laborious. To prepare, think of specific events that you can use to tell about your RN experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you went above and beyond for a patient or family member.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care.

Interview

Stanford Healthcare has a great reputation so I applied to a few openings and interviewed with a couple of teams. Coming from a med-tech industry, I was surprised to learn that there is no standardized interview protocol. For example, I wasn't given a job description and the one that I saw online was awfully vague. The interviewers weren't sure about the basic information that I asked about the new position. They didn't bother to introduce their roles at Stanford or keep an eye contact. Lastly, everyone that I met ( coordinator, office managers, managers, directors) are in their mid-50s. Being a young, foreign female in Silicon Valley, I felt a little out of place in this old white boys' club.

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

All interviews that I have done at Stanford have started with a phone interview, and then are followed up with an in-person interview. It was a very typical interview in terms of questions, but I was surprised about being interviewed by the whole team rather than just one person. It was intimidating at first, but then I felt it was to my benefit because I got to see what it would feel like to work as part of their team.

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process started with an HR phone interview in May 2017.
    After 2 months HR called to set up interview with a manager, followed by 2 more phone interviews and a final onsite interview.
    Total process total 4 months

If you ever get a call for onsite interview don’t pay for travel expenses from your pocket as I am afraid you will NOT be reimbursed.
    Followed up with HR 10 Times but Stanford Human Resources team are very unethical and unprofessional. 2 months and counting to get reimbursed

Clerical Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Livermore, CA).

Interview

The interview consisted of two people taking turns asking questions in a small room. One was the supervisor and the other was the manager. The overall interview was an hour long.

Interview Questions

• If the phone was ringing, a customer was in front of you, and your coworker is asking you for a favor, how would you handle this situation? How would you prioritize the situation at hand?   1 Answer

Assistant Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Brief, friendly, and not very talkative. My interviewer emailed me and set up an interview within the week. She was not very enthusiastic but was still professional.