Stanford Health Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanford Health Care Interview Questions

Interviews at Stanford Health Care

2.9

Clinician Interview

Interview

This was a multi-step process. I had one phone screen with a recruiter, one phone screen with the department supervisor, one panel interview, and one additional interview with the medical director.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Stanford, and why this service?   Answer Question

Nurse Interview

Interview

It was about one hour long. Interview questions were initially pretty standard. For example, "tell me about yourself." Progressed to scenarios such as "tell me about a time you worked with a difficult patient."

Interview Questions

• They did ask about formula for ICP and if I have worked with specific drips   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Interview

The interview process was not very long. The online application was a simple process. There was a brief phone interview to determine basic information and brought in for an in person interview with the department.

Physician Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care in March 2020.

Interview

First there was an over the phone interview which reviewed the position, benefits, etc. Then was an in person panel interview with the department team that lasted about 30 mins. Due to COVID, things were delayed for a few weeks. A decision was made 3 weeks after the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• If a provider is giving you multiple instructions and talking quickly, how do you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Hematology/Oncology Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care in March 2020.

Interview

The interview was over the phone for 30 mins and I was asked a series of questions by one of the NPs on board. I was asked specific questions from my resume about my experience as well as how I got into the field of practice.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

This consisted of a telephone interview followed by panel interview. The telephone interview fairly easy; the panel interview intimidating because I couldn't "read" most of the panel. Both interviews consisted of 100% behavioral questions, ugh.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you disagreed with your superior, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Stanford, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

Email screening and conversations. Two in-person interviews supposedly planned. I was only invited for the first one, which I attended and went very well. An HR person and the hiring manager interviewed me. Second planned interview was first delayed and then perhaps because of some internal policies etc. position was re-advertised. I was informed 2 months later about the interview outcome.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience and how you are a fit to this role.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

I applied online on the Stanford hospital website. The nurse manager called me about a week later and asked behavioral questions over the phone - I went in the next week for the interview

Admitting Registrar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

Applied online, contacted by the hiring manager over the phone to schedule the interview, interview consisted of a panel of 3 mangers, interview flowed, hired on the spot

Clinical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Pleasant phone screen with Assistant Nurse Manager, received email for in-person panel interview. The in-person interview last for around 50 minutes. Be prepared to answer many behavioral questions. The managers are very nice with warm smiling. Due to 500P new hospital project, the whole hiring and interview process goes slow, took up to 2+ months. Since the new hospital will open in Fall 2019, there are still a lot of variables, be prepared to be flexible.

Interview Questions

• Have you made any mistakes? How did you deal with it? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever advocated for your patients?   Answer Question
    • Patient complained of unsatisfied care, how did you handle?   Answer Question
    • What did you do when you disagree on your coworker?   Answer Question