Stanford School of Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford School of Medicine (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone Panel interview with three people for 30 minutes. General skills and reason for why I chose this position. Next level in person interview. Half a day. Three one on one interviews lasting 45 minutes to 1 hour. One was on strategy, one was on skills and the other was on interpersonal, and team aptitude.

Interview Questions

• Situations and how you would respond to it   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford School of Medicine in February 2019.

Interview

Online one way interview through spark hire following application online and short phone interview. Video interview was to secure invitation to a hiring event in late May. Job not yet secured.

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford School of Medicine (Stanford, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Was emailed to do an initial interview over Skype. Interview lasted for 30 minutes and was done with three of the study research members, who asked me about hypothetical situations and other experiences.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a population of people with mental health disorders?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford School of Medicine.

Interview

I applied through the online career portal, and received an interview request after 2 weeks. There was a group interview with the entire clinical research coordinator team, and then interview with potential PIs.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford School of Medicine in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, in-person meeting. Fairly quick. Some confusion on their end of understanding the difference between graduation and doctoral defense dates. Overall, very responsive team, eager to get in a hire.

Interview Questions

• What if you discovered an error in a manuscript after it had been accepted   1 Answer
    • Why a doctorate might be interested in the position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stanford School of Medicine (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied the position through online application system (October 2015). After four weeks, I got a phone interview invitation (November 2015). During the phone interview, the hiring manager ask basic questions and collect more information about candidate's background and experience. After I passed the phone screening, I received an email for the on-site interview. This is one-on-one type of interview with two hiring managers (December 2015). They asked more clinical research technical questions to determine whether the candidate qualify for the position and would be a fit for the position. The total interview time is 1 hour. You need to do a great job matching your professional experience with the position. Be calm and confident is the key. At the beginning of 2016, I received an invitation for the final stage of interview. For this interview, I am one of the two final candidates. I have the opportunity to meet with the entire clinical research group members as well as the medical director for the department. The total interview time is 1.5 hour. At this point, you need to show them your personality fits their group. After one week, I received a call from the hiring manager with oral offer for the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stanford School of Medicine in April 2018.

Interview

First interview with a post-doctoral scholar. Mine was over lunch. Followed up by a callback for an interview with the principle investigator. This followed by an email or phone call of acceptance and possibly another in person meeting with the principle investigator or post-doctoral scholar.

Interview Questions

• How can your lab experience be of use to what we are studying?   Answer Question

Senior Storage Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Stanford School of Medicine.

Interview

Met with hiring manager first. He liked our conversation and scheduled a on-site with extended team (DBA, Systems engineer). Finally had to meet the Director at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford School of Medicine (Stanford, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online and a couple of weeks later I got an email asking me to do a phone screen. From there, I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview was pretty casual and relaxed. It was a group interview so there were three interviewers present. It took about a week to hear back from them that they were offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background and my experience, had I ever worked in academia before, why I wanted to work at Stanford, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford School of Medicine (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied through the careers portal, got a call in for an in-person interview 2 weeks later. The interviewer was very nice and professional despite his status. I was given the in-depth responsibility of the role I was applying for, as well as the whole interview process. I was informed that final candidates will have to go through another round of interview and will be keep in contact within a week or two. I was called back in for another interview with the Regional manager, and a phone interview with a faculty member, and again, the interviewers were very nice and professional. Over all, it was a very decent experience. Every person I came in contact with was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult personality?   1 Answer
    • What is a weakness you would like to improve on? Strength?   Answer Question
    • When was the last time you made a mistake at work and how did you fix it?   Answer Question
    • Working in a team environment, what role fits best your personality? Are you a leader?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford School of Medicine (Stanford, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Lengthy wait betw application and actual interview. A few folks called and a few wanted one on one meeting. Seemed a little disorganized in that several folks were unaware of who was meeting with me

Negotiation