Cover image for Stanford School of Medicine

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Stanford School of Medicine Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 90 of over 90 interviews

In Person10%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Stanford School of Medicine

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Stanford School of Medicine

Interview

It was a long process. There were around four rounds of interviews, virtual and in-person. I met with the hiring manager and other members of the department. There were delays in follow-up.

Interview Questions
  • Why would this job be a good fit?
    Answer Question

Application

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, one with HR and one with the hiring manager. Both of them were onsite. Very quick decision after a few days. Very quick background check and processing of the documentation.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for us? What will you bring to the team ?

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,950

984 Comments

Teachers

217.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Stanford School of Medicine~637162
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Stanford School of Medicine? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Stanford School of Medicine employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford School of Medicine (Palo Alto, CA) in Jul 2022

Interview

Pretty simple interview process, but asked a lot about leadership style, work style, and what your future plans. Also be prepared to let them know how many years you are looking to commit to.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Describe a challenge you have faced and how did you overcome it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford School of Medicine (San Juan, PR) in Jun 2022

Interview

Interviewing process went great. The team was very outgoing and it seemed like a very casual conversation. The only bad thing is the response time. The questions were very general.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Stanford School of Medicine

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford School of Medicine

Interview

First, I received an email from a recruiter asking for my availability for a phone call. Next, I received the phone call where my resume and experience was discussed as well as the position. For the next part of the process, I completed a one-way interview, where I recorded myself answering several questions.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford School of Medicine (Palo Alto, CA) in Mar 2022

Interview

There were four one-on-one interviews with individuals. The first interview was a telephone call with the HR rep for the School of Medicine, then I met with the HR rep for the department on Zoom. Then I met with administrator who I would have reported to on Zoom, and finally I met on Zoom with the faculty member who seemed to have the most influence on who would be hired. The first three interviews focused on my resume and why I wanted the job, and the final interview with the faculty member was focused on my plan for tackling issues in the department. It turns out that there was an inside candidate who was offered the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Stanford School of Medicine

Application

I interviewed at Stanford School of Medicine

Interview

Easy straightforward. Behavioral questions. One phone screen then panel interview. Offered position next day. Know your team and study interviewers well, should not be too tricky. Overall a fine experience and not too bad.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford School of Medicine (Palo Alto, CA) in Feb 2022

Interview

Smooth and simple interview process. Usually a phone screen or virtual interview with the clinical research manager, then the principal investigators along with potentially the rest of the team. Very transparent about the role and responsibilities.

Interview Questions
  • What do you find the most difficult about your current job? What are your future plans? Are you comfortable working with little to no guidance?

Stanford School of Medicine

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford School of Medicine in Jan 2022

Interview

Video interview submission, spoke with sourcer, phone screening, interview with hiring manager, department head, and then two other team members. The most time consuming part was definitely the video interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Stanford School of Medicine

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Stanford School of Medicine in Oct 2021

Interview

Super friendly and down to earth interviewers. Two rounds of interviews: one phone and one over Zoom. The interviews were supposed to be about 30 minutes but lasted about 45 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions
  • What would you say is one of your shortcomings?
  • How would you say your previous coworkers would describe you as a person?
  • What traits from your work background would help you in this position?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 90 Interviews

Stanford School of Medicine Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Stanford School of Medicine as 74.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.74 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Research Assistant and Clinical Research Coordinator rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Administrative Associate and Postdoctoral Fellow roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Stanford School of Medicine takes an average of 25 days when considering 112 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Administrative Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 25 days), whereas Postdoctoral Fellow roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 42 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Stanford School of Medicine according to 112 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 26.11%