Stanford University Administrative Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanford University Administrative Associate Interview Questions

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Stanford University in June 2016.

Interview

My brief 10 minute phone interview was close to 25. Was asked to come in for a face to face. I assumed it would be a panel interview. Assumed wrong. Met with four different people who were allotted a specific amount of time. This portion lasted close to three hours and forty five minutes. Arrived super early as I was advised that parking could get complicated. They weren't kidding. Tons of construction and of course the campus is massive. Overall, my interview process was great.

Interview Questions

• What about the job posting made me want to apply?
    Why Stanford?
    What type of experience do you have with _____?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stanford University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA).

Interview

Had a 15 minute phone screen then was told my resume would be passed on to the Manager. Received an email from the Manager about a week later to come in for an in person interview. The Manager enjoyed talking to me so my interview went way overtime. The Manager was completely understanding of being a few minutes late. Parking can be a bear and the campus is massive so leave yourself plenty of time. The environment was relaxed and low pressure.

Interview Questions

• What do you do at your current position?
      What do you like the least about your current position?
      How do you handle multiple responsibilities?
      What do you look for in an ideal Manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Began with online skills test, then a phone interview. Next, was an in-person interview of a panel of 2. Next was the final, in-person, interview composed of 2, 30 minute interviews, both with a panel of 2. Originally another 30 minute interview with another staff was scheduled but later canceled due to timing conflicts. During these interviews, essays composed of answers to questions was submitted.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral type questions: Describe a time of conflict, How would you describe a good manager, How did you react to conflict from an insubordinate, How do you handle stress, Why do you want to work here, Describe how your prior work experience will benefit this position, How do you stay organized   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was less than 30 minutes and I was asked friendly questions. It was conducted on Stanford's campus, a beautiful location. Unfortunately I had to pay for parking-visitor parking. They were flexible in hiring me as I was about to go on vacation for 10 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background. Why are you interested in this role?   Answer Question

Administrative Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

Was hired initially as temp to hire but temp status was long drawn out as administration was not in hurry to make full time with benefits. Interviewing was nice and they have you interview with many people who you will work with to not only hear about different aspects of work but to see if you mesh well with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone screen, then brought in for an interview. I did this for two different administrative positions

Interview Questions

• Do you think you will be bored in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I had a fast pleasant experience getting hired at Stanford with my current position. I had interviewed for two other positions at different departments and never heard back from either and l months later I received an automated reply that the positions had been filled. Stanford is VERY decentralized and there are many issues with their hiring process. People never follow up, don't email, and they can take MONTHS to call back so don't hold your breathe. My advice is don't give up, they have great benefits so the trouble is worth it if you appreciate a good work/life balance.

Interview Questions

• They asked how do you deal with unresponsive faculty members?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation, HR has set pay scale's and you simply accept.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online, then received call a few weeks later for an interview. Had an interview with the Human Resources rep of the department I applied for. Following week I was scheduled for a mixed panel interview with a number of different employees in the department (various levels from other admin workers to heads of department). Following week I received offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

just fine. didn't take too long but there was several layers to the interview so had to come back to the office 3 times. also had to follow up myself and they were slow to get back but very professional and nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interviewer did not ask any questions about my work history, interviewer did ask several times why I wanted to work at University. Interviewer seemed distracted and not interested in the interview. Interviewer said she would get back to me in two days either way, never heard back from person I interviewed with.