Stanford University Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanford University Financial Analyst Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Got interviewed 2 separate positions. Both started with a phone call to schedule a phone interview. First job, didn't go past phone interview. Second, got past HR interview, hiring manager phone interview, went in person. Went in for final interview where I didn't get chosen. Sort of depressing work environment and not exactly what I was looking for anyway. My references messed up and never called back which led me to not getting the job. Parking is bad and had to pay for my own

Interview Questions

• What do you think this position entails of? (threw me off because job desc is SOOO broad, guessed dealing with finances/budgets, more of a data analysis position)

Google the standard questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stanford University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Great HR department - especially good at follow-up. Asked basic questions like, Why do you want to work at SMC?

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking at SMC instead of a pure for-profit company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Hiring is decentralized and different departments handle it differently. It's unlikely you'll have the same (Administrative-side) interview experience as a friend or acquaintance interviewing elsewhere on campus.

Negotiation

Polite take-it-or-leave-it. Again, different parts of the org may have different approaches.