Stanford University Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanford University Human Resources Interview Questions

Interviews at Stanford University

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Protracted interview process lasting 3+ months. Multiple panel interviews. Starts with a recruiter, then moves to panel interviews with peers and the hiring manager. Next, panel interviews comprised of colleagues and finally interviews with team members. Includes a presentation by the candidate to all interviewers followed by a Q&A, followed by more 3:1 and 2:1 interviews. Hiring decision by a committee of people who were from the interview panels.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stanford University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Went through a fairly extensive interview process including pre interview qualifying steps. Spent a full day in interviews requiring the need to take off a day from the current job I held; ultimately to never hear back from the Stanford Team. While I can accept I may not have been selected, common curtosy could have and should have been extended in the form of follow up. I attempted to reach out to the recruitment team to further close the loop and also to extend the professionalism and curtosy of an update on my behalf. This communication went further unacknowledged. Overall, very disappointed and I expected much more. Personally the prestige and brand of Standford as an employer of choice is tarnished from my personal encounter.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to intervene or help guide a manager regarding one of their direct reports.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a phone screen. Then I went on campus. I interviewed with a couple people. Then the Hiring Manager. She told me if I made an interview with her I was basically hired. I was not hired. I was told they went with a more qualified candidate.

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

An initial phone screen, written response submission, interview with direct manager, panal interviews with management outside of HR

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to take a job that is a demotion   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.