Stanford University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanford University Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2017

2.8

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

Very thorough and intelligent process. I felt that the interview had been constructed to show as much as possible about prospective candidates. A project was required and it was not easy.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about recent books I had read and how they contributed to my work decisions   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

The interview didn't involve a lot of probing questions. Asked about projects previously worked on and about experience on marketing. Interviewer was friendly and said that my experience wasn't what the department was looking for at the time.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

Got a call within 1 week of submitting my application. Had a 45 min phone interview with the director and potential job supervisor. At the conclusion of the phone interview I was told to expect a second Skype interview the following week. I am still waiting for this and will update this as the process concludes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current roll and how you can use your experience to work at Stanford?   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA).

Interview

Had taught before at Stanford and was invited to teach again. Normally it is an extensive process involving many faculty meetings and review of credentials and teaching style. References are important

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1 phone technical
    1 in person
    Once that was done waited up to two weeks to get an offer which i did not accept. Overall nice people and nice area. Lots of fountains and stuff like that please let me go through

Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

It began with the coordinator reaching out and asking me to answer 5 questions prior to scheduling a phone interview. The initial phone screen was quite pleasant. The interviewer and I had a few things in common and she was very easy to talk to. Mostly behavioral questions. The phone screen lasted about 30-45 minutes. I was then invited for an on-site interview with four different people in their recruiting team. I was to spend one hour with each and then have lunch with the last person for the last hour. I spent one hour with each of them, where I found myself repeating myself as they were all asking me the same questions. I was there for a total of four hours and was not offered any water until it was lunch time. I was annoyed that I had to answer the same questions over and over again with each of the interviewers. The interview process was repetitive and entirely too long for the position I was interviewing for. Pursuant to the interview, I left feeling pretty impartial about how my interview had gone. It's been two weeks and I have not heard back. I expected more from Stanford, considering their reputation. Whether it's a yes or a no, I expect at least that courtesy.

Interview Questions

• If you could describe yourself in one word what would it be?   Answer Question

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by the hiring manager and a few of the team. Their questions were mainly about my experience so far and how I would perform as a service delivery manager and as part of the team.

Development Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

Relative quick interview process, if you are able to get through the ATS. Got contacted by recruiter, set up interviews 1 week later. Heard their decision roughly 1 week later. Be prepared for MS Office test that only works with one version.

Interview Questions

• Can you do specific functions in MS PPT and Word in a method defined by the testing software?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions.
    The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is
    a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

Interview

There was a phone screen. Then I went on campus. I interviewed with a couple people. Then the Hiring Manager. She told me if I made an interview with her I was basically hired. I was not hired. I was told they went with a more qualified candidate.