Stanford University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.8

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. It involved understanding your experience and knowledge. Then making sure your interests align with the lab. It was very low stress and pressure.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in this lab?   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

There was a lengthy set of interviews and a computer matching system that matched resident advisors with the student staff. I have been happy with the process. It gave students and employees a voice.

Life Science Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Submit application, wait a while as usual for a university, then on site interview followed by job offer several weeks later. At this point if your skills work for the job, then the biggest thing is whether or not you can get along with the current employees. You are also interviewing the employers, because we all know there are a few people out there who are a pain to work for, and getting a heads up beforehand is good.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Interview process was not at all hard but it was very slow in progress. There was one phone interview and after that there was one group/panel interview, where there were five people from the group were taking turns in asking questions. They were technical as well as behavior based questions.

Tech Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was very brief; I was asked some situational questions (what would you do if...happened) and I was asked questions to make sure I understood basic troubleshooting with computers

Administrative Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

There were two in-person interviews, which was scheduled approximately two weeks apart. The first interview consisted of one person, the manager and the second interview, was a panel of two. The process took about 2 1/2 months since applying online (~1 1/2 month for them to reach out, then scheduled interviews). The interviews were formal but friendly and was insightful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work here?
      What do you know about this position? Why does it fit you?
      How well do you work under pressure?   Answer Question

Life Science Research Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with the PI, and answered a few questions specific to plasmid handling and prep. Basic stuff. Also met with the graduate students who were around at the time as well as the person I was hired to replace. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• How long I intended to stay? How to clone a sequence of interest into a plasmid?   Answer Question

Student Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

I am very disappointed in Stanford. I applied for the position at the end of March. I went through an phone interview and 2 in-person interviews (which were, admittedly, informal and relaxed). Each stage took at least 2 weeks, including scheduling, interview, and follow-up interview invite. After the final round of interviews, I was told the final decision would take 1-2 weeks and they would let me know. One of them even made sure I had her email, just in case. That was over three weeks ago. I never heard from them, even after several follow-up emails politely asking for an update. Not one of the 3 people I was in contact with took the time to respond that they were moving forward with a different candidate. I expect more from an institution of this caliber.

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The process took around 2 months. I was contacted by the head of the lab for a phone screening. A week later, I was asked to do a skype interview. Finally, a few weeks later I did an on-campus interview where I met the head and lab members. Was offered the job by the end of that interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my resume and experience   1 Answer

Administrative Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Stanford University in June 2016.

Interview

My brief 10 minute phone interview was close to 25. Was asked to come in for a face to face. I assumed it would be a panel interview. Assumed wrong. Met with four different people who were allotted a specific amount of time. This portion lasted close to three hours and forty five minutes. Arrived super early as I was advised that parking could get complicated. They weren't kidding. Tons of construction and of course the campus is massive. Overall, my interview process was great.

Interview Questions

• What about the job posting made me want to apply?
      Why Stanford?