Stanford University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.8

Post Doctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was awesome, very low pressure, but time intensive in a way that allowed me to fully assess the program, and them to fully assess my qualifications. After submitting the application I had a phone interview within about a week, and then I was flown out for a 1:1, which occurred with three faculty members, and within about a month of that 1:1, I was given an offer.

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA).

Interview

Had a 15 minute phone screen then was told my resume would be passed on to the Manager. Received an email from the Manager about a week later to come in for an in person interview. The Manager enjoyed talking to me so my interview went way overtime. The Manager was completely understanding of being a few minutes late. Parking can be a bear and the campus is massive so leave yourself plenty of time. The environment was relaxed and low pressure.

Interview Questions

• What do you do at your current position?
      What do you like the least about your current position?
      How do you handle multiple responsibilities?
      What do you look for in an ideal Manager?   Answer Question

Economic Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I sent in resume, cover letter, and other materials via email. They sent me an empirical exercise to complete to show my skills. The exercise required use of statistical software to analyze a sample set of data.

SBC IS Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

They knew I had the technical knowledge and experience, but wanted to know how my communication skills were, and how I would ultimately fit within their IT staff.

They weren’t pressing insane technical questions, as they knew all candidates could grow within the team. I loved every part of my interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was straightforward with technical questions related to basic programming skills including C++ and Java. Also had some behavioral type of questions to see how well I could think and reason on the spot. Overall not very difficult

Interview Questions

• They asked about how I would improve a specific product that they work on   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Got interviewed 2 separate positions. Both started with a phone call to schedule a phone interview. First job, didn't go past phone interview. Second, got past HR interview, hiring manager phone interview, went in person. Went in for final interview where I didn't get chosen. Sort of depressing work environment and not exactly what I was looking for anyway. My references messed up and never called back which led me to not getting the job. Parking is bad and had to pay for my own

Interview Questions

• What do you think this position entails of? (threw me off because job desc is SOOO broad, guessed dealing with finances/budgets, more of a data analysis position)

Google the standard questions   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

The interview process took a long time, almost two months, had to meet three times with two different heads. The interviews were mixed, both easy and difficult due to the different questions different people have. Other colleagues did not receive similar questions, so trying to guess what is consistently asked to all interviewees is difficult.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years and how can you connect the position here to where you want to go?   1 Answer

Events Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

Interview process was straight-forward and went on pretty smooth. Applied online, then telephonic interview with the human resource coordinator and then in-person round of interview with two people on the team. Received a phone call day after the interview and i was made an offer

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA).

Interview

I submitted a letter of inquiry and interest to my employer about whether there was a position in the lab. I was invited for an interview that consisted of giving a presentation about my former work and talking to each of the lab members and the employer separately. I shared my interest in the work that was occurring and also discussed some of my ideas about where I could take the work further.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about X and how would you approach a?nswering this question   Answer Question

Director Level Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process took a very long time and the recruiter wasn't very good at keeping in touch, even after I reached out to her several times. My phone screening took place in September 2015 and they didn't make a decision until January 2016. The in-person interview questions were fair and straight forward and the hiring manager seemed friendly and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my resume and general experience in the field.   Answer Question