Stanford University Life Science Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanford University Life Science Research Assistant Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Submit application, wait a while as usual for a university, then on site interview followed by job offer several weeks later. At this point if your skills work for the job, then the biggest thing is whether or not you can get along with the current employees. You are also interviewing the employers, because we all know there are a few people out there who are a pain to work for, and getting a heads up beforehand is good.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stanford University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Got an email couple weeks later from the assistant saying I've an interview. Interviewed with the PI. I got accepted for the second interview. Visited the PI at Stanford for the second interview. The people were really nice.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I had a panel of 6 people interviewing me, 30 minutes each. They were all very kind and to the point with their questions. It was a very transparent interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

I was hired after a one year internship and brought on full time. Often Stanford posts jobs on their website when they already have somebody internally in mind. Also, the pay range is very broad for each position, so remember to negotiate hard.
    The best way to get hired at Stanford is to be referred by someone who works there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I eventually negotiated an increase of over $10,000 annually.