Stanford University PhD Graduate Student Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanford University PhD Graduate Student Interview Questions

Interviews at Stanford University

3.7

PhD Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University in December 2011.

Interview

I applied online through the application system. GRE general and subject tests required, as well as written essay about my research background and plans. Before accepting offer, I flew to Stanford to meet with five potential faculty advisors and learn more about their research and labs. I also individually emailed with several faculty members.

Interview Questions

• How will you contribute to the diversity of the incoming class?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stanford University

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Visited campus for several days and met with many faculty members in my department, along with lab members in the groups I was interested in. Current grad students hosted us and took us out to dinner in Palo Alto. Lots of formal and informal opportunities to learn about grad school at Stanford. Interview experience and intensity will really vary by department, though.

PhD Graduate Student Interview

Interview

Meetings with different faculty during recruitment weekend to talk about your past research experience and what your current interests are. It was a long weekend but at least he trip was paid for by the program.