Stanford University Post Doctoral Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanford University Post Doctoral Fellow Interview Questions

Interviews at Stanford University

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied to the Professor directly. I followed up via email on the application. In response, I was asked for a convenient date and time for Skype and to ask PhD supervisor to email recommendation letter. Skype interview lasted about 1.5 hours. After the interview he said he has to interview a few more candidates and then would get back to me. A week later, I was asked to send 2 more reference letters and was asked if I planned to visit the US anytime soon (I was abroad at time of interview). Since I couldn't be present in person, I was asked for a final round of telephonic interview. The next day I received unofficial email confirming my position.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions. What have your research interests been? Describe your key findings in 5 minutes. What interested you to apply to this lab. I was given a 20 minute overview on the work of the lab, and was asked to tell him what interested me the most. I was asked about experience in supervising an din certain techniques the lab uses in day to day functioning.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stanford University

Post Doctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stanford University in May 2010.

Interview

I provided a good CV and cover letter, and was interviewed first on the phone and then on campus about my ability to teach the humanities.

Interview Questions

• What I would do if people on my teaching team had different ideas about what to do about a student.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was awesome, very low pressure, but time intensive in a way that allowed me to fully assess the program, and them to fully assess my qualifications. After submitting the application I had a phone interview within about a week, and then I was flown out for a 1:1, which occurred with three faculty members, and within about a month of that 1:1, I was given an offer.