Stanford University Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanford University Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions

2.9

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University in November 2014.

Interview

I met with my adviser when he was visiting my grad school for a talk, presented my research in a condensed 15 minute ppt. He asked me a mix of technical and non-technical questions. I was offered the position the very next day.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do after your post-doctorate   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Stanford University

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Interview

Individual meeting with prinicipal investigator and other lab members, including other postdoctoral fellows, graduate researchers, and undergraduate students; Oral presentation consisted of work I performed during graduate school and ideas for projects I wanted to pursue in the new lab.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Interview

Phone interview with 3 different faculties first. After that, I was invited onsite to meet more faculties and other postdocs.

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

It took two months to have an on-site interview after completing my online application (with CV and reference list). I had two-day on-site interview. On the first day, I attended research meeting and met my potential advisor. On the second day, I gave a one-hour talk, and had individual interviews with four faculty members at the department. After another two months, I received an offer letter directly from my advisor.

Interview Questions

• 1. Can you tell me about your research plan at Stanford?
      2. What would be your career path after Stanford?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

It was an interview for 2 days straight, I guess this is good for you to know about the place and people you will be working with. It was hectic and tiring, but at the end of the day if you want to spend 3 to 4 years of your life here, you better get to know things and I loved the interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Found a posting online and contacted the PI directly. Had a series of Skype interviews with the PI and a call with the lab members. After that was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Asked to prepare a presentation on my own work in grad school. Was also asked to read a few papers and share my ideas.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as the salary for the postdocs is set by the university.

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was quite brief: (1) In-person interview with faculty member, (2) 1-hr seminar in front of your future colleagues, (3) meeting with future lab members and collaborators. It takes ~1 day to go through all these processes. However, it all depends which lab you are applying for and who the principal investigators are since, as far as I know, there is no documented interview process from Stanford.

Interview Questions

• Previous work as graduate students, desired projects in mind, discussion on concurrent projects   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Met a professor at a conference, was invited to give a job-talk. A few scientific question about my research were asked, a couple of meetings with some lab members to feel whether both sides match.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a technical detail in the host lab which I wasn't familiar with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary, managed to raise 10%.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University in August 2010.

Interview

phone interview for 15min, ask for reference letter from my previous lab supervisor. Mostly talk about the new position and the collaboration with others lab at Stanford. After I ogt the offer, I start a lot of paperwroks for immigration and work authorization in US

Interview Questions

• why I would like to come in USA? Do I want to stay in USA, and for along?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

PI called me to make an interview. First go through my research experience, then go into details of each period. for each period questions about details were asked. maybe it is not face-face interview, so quite many technical details were involved.