Stanford University Postdoctoral Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanford University Postdoctoral Researcher Interview Questions

2.7

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA).

Interview

I submitted a letter of inquiry and interest to my employer about whether there was a position in the lab. I was invited for an interview that consisted of giving a presentation about my former work and talking to each of the lab members and the employer separately. I shared my interest in the work that was occurring and also discussed some of my ideas about where I could take the work further.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about X and how would you approach a?nswering this question   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stanford University

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

Seminar, one on one interviews, full day

Negotiation

No negotiation, fixed salary

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

It is with my PHD advisor! So the interview is pretty easy!

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Just exchanged emails with my advisor, got an invitation letter attached to the 4th email, met him at first day in office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation possible, there is a salary grid strictly enforced for the postdocs of my department

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Sent out email and resume. PI contacted me over phone and did an initial chat and asked for references. PI spoke to references and called me back for an onsite interview . Put me up at a hotel in downtown Palo Alto. Did a Full day interview with his 20+ lab group.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a professor in my field who was looking for a postdoc with a background similar to mine. We set up an interview for about a week later. I met with the professor, gave an hour-long talk with Q and A, met with different lab members and took tours of the labs, and met with the professor again; total interview time of about 5 hours. The professor was obviously extremely smart, very driven and excited about the projects, kind, forthright, and positive. The facilities and equipment were top-of-the-line, cutting edge. The students were smart with personalities varying from laid back to intense, funny to serious.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about my thesis project and questions about my future goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

I gave a job talk and met with several individuals int he laboratory I was applying for. Great interview with a clear display of career potential and with discussion of potential project and collaborations. Clear path to career development.

Interview Questions

• Not sure there was one. i guess that most difficult aspect of the interview is related with getting the standards high for your presentation. Scientific standards are high at Stanford.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Great. I managed to get my moving expenses payed for. Which is not common for a postdoc.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Interview

Very easy straight forward. Got a date and was asked to give a talk during the general lab seminar.

Negotiation

no negotiation...take it or leave it