Stanford University Postdoctoral Scholar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanford University Postdoctoral Scholar Interview Questions

2.3

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University in September 2015.

Interview

they are very organized to have a phone interview with interdiscipline groups. They will introduce their institute and tell me who are online roughly. Then each person will talk about what they are doing. Then you will introduce for yourself after their introduction. Total is one hour and 15 mins left for you to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• Because it's a project among different background groups, they asked me if I feel comfortable to work with them   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stanford University

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

initial email communication, responded to a job posting through nature jobs. 30 minute presentation on thesis work to lab. this was followed by a series of questions regarding my personality, research and motivation for deciding to apply to stanfrd

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation I faced during my PhD work and how did I handle it?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Interview

Email your CV. If you are preferred, you can work here soon. There is no additional test, or interview. However, the recommendations are very important. The PI will call the recomender directly.

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Submitted the CV and received email right away. Scheduled Skype interview. And got invitation to visit Stanford with a full day event, meeting with postdocs and department chair. Got accepted after visit and moved on signing paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

My future supervisor invited me for a two-day visit, flew me from New York City and got me two nights at a nice hotel. On campus, I gave a seminar in front of a somewhat large audience. I got to talk to some graduate students, some professor working in related fields, and some post-docs. A really pleasant experience overall. I was aware that I was the only candidate matching the profile, because the job had not been filled for two years and my future advisor told me so. He also knew that I had other options, so he had to work to convice me to come.

Interview Questions

• I did not get any questions really, it was more of a long ongoing discussion.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Being European, I did not think about negociating. I probably should have.

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Kind of easy, I presented my data from the graduate school, had lunch with the PI discussing what I would like to do in the lab and after the postdoc, and then talked with some of the lab members

Interview Questions

• All the detail about my previous publications   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Initially contacted professors via email asking for interview. Came and gave 30 min talk on research to entire lab. Spent day talking with graduate students and postdocs. Finished day with short talk with professors. Followed up via email to work on research project ideas. Settled on one and applied for funding together. Before funding was decided job offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to tell if a paper is a real and important result or whether it is just a toy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unfortunately I did not negotiate. I know of others who did and got additional concessions such as moving expenses. I wish I had done a little more negotiation but was too inexperience and felt that I was lucky to get a job at Stanford at all.

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University in January 2012.

Interview

made a presentation and talked to others in the lab all day. Advice: be interested and knowledgeable about the work being done.

Interview Questions

• Visa status - I'm international   1 Answer